? servers

? players online

Half Life 2 Episode 3's Story Summary Released

• Content Count:  954

Marc Laidlaw, lead scriptwriter for the entire Half Life series, has released what can only be described as a complete summary of the story and ending of Half Life 2 Episode 3. Certain names have been changed in the original text, however the "fixed" version also released by Marc has also been released. If you are interested in reading how the games would have ended, here are some links containing the entire text.

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

https://github.com/Jackathan/MarcLaidlaw-Epistle3/

This is the closest we will ever get to pretty much complete and total, undeniable evidence that Half Life is officially dead as a series, and it is currently unknown if Marc released it out of a love for the series, or out of spite of Valve for holding off/cancelling the series without a word.

• Content Count:  4441

Doesn't answer many questions about the story or tie up anything into an even close to nice knot. To be honest maybe I just have a shitty imagination but that was pretty unwhelming but it makes a lot of sense if it was a third installation rather than its own standalone game.

• Content Count:  639

I wonder if Valve will make a statement about this, there's no hiding from the fact that they will never make another Half-Life. We will never see the day where Gabe walks on stage at E3, holds up 3 fingers and walks off whilst the crowd cheers. Queue the trailer for HL3 and the release date is that same day.

• Content Count:  1534

People usually take the easy path given a choice, why spend most of your time & hard work on a game that will make very small percentage of income, when they can just upload a community made weapon skin and make millions?

• Content Count:  1563

Hehe I just visited to see this thread, I wanted to see the last episode made into a game so freaking hard.

But I guess the best reason I heard was they couldn't live up to the hype as the series ended on a very high note.

It was very hard to top. Doesn't mean there never will be a sequence tho

• Content Count:  4441

Pretty cool video, includes some interviews building up to the release of his general idea.

Interesting that he wanted to tie up Half Life 2 with Episode Three leaving Half Life 3 to really spawn a whole new environment, new bad guys, a nice time warp like was done with Half Life 1. I don't know if I agree that Half Life 3 "lives" but I don't think with the main writer releasing this that it means any chance for a game in the future is dead. I do however think that if there is a Half-Life 3 that it will be extremely odd to do because the plan was to put Gordon back in stasis after the Borealis so if there was never a Half-Life 2: Episode Three then they would have to kinda squeeze it all into one game.. Either way any produced Half-Life-ish content I love even something like Black Mesa (the mod) so I await happily for anything of the sort.

• Like 2
Edited by All Ts

Reply to Thread