? servers

? players online

ZE Leaders and beacons

• Content Count:  90

Once you reach Grandmaster rank, you can set yourself leader and beacon obviously. It would be helpful if you can give leader to other players. There are good players that know difficult maps and can't set leader because

1. They don't play on the server regularly to get that certain rank

or

2. There is no admin on the server

• Content Count:  415

I suggest that we remove this or raise the requirement for leader. Too many people have access and you also have people taking leader to troll or mislead humans. Sometimes they just take it and doorhug.

• Content Count:  3728

Why can't we have nice things. I'm aware some people use the !leader role in an abusive manner to either toll/mislead their fellow CTs, which is breaking the rules in the first place. I think the issue is that certain people are currently in the rank of Grandmaster when they shouldn't have been, or at least, not yet. If they were long-time dedicated and well behaved members, I'm sure they would use this feature the way it's supposed to be used, unlike those who simply farmed points to now have the privilege of (ab)using this feature.

I personally would like to see players being able to vote their own leader; similiar to the event nominations and have that same idea apply to voting a leader. (i.e !voteleader Akumu - Akumu has been voted to be the leader 2/4 more votes are needed). This means that the feature of becoming a leader through Skillbot would be disabled and it will most likely be a plugin on it's own. I don't know the possibilities, but that's something I'd rather have than what it's currently like whereas these features are available to those who farmed their way up to Grandmaster and now abuse this feature. I talked about this with @Punky yesterday too.

• Like 4
Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  614

I suggest that we remove this or raise the requirement for leader. Too many people have access and you also have people taking leader to troll or mislead humans. Sometimes they just take it and doorhug.

I agree with Akumu 100% on this. Saw many people on ZE today with leader with most just either not leading and all or just door hugging. I suggest that we make the requirement a lot higher as having leader gives a person a huge responsibility. Another thing that can be implemented is making it so that players can request to have access the command once hitting a certain rank, thus giving admins the decision to give certain players the ability to use leader. This would allow for players that are trusted by the community to lead maps instead of people that just put on the tag for show instead of actually leading.

• Content Count:  66

Why can't we have nice things. I'm aware some people use the !leader role in an abusive manner to either toll/mislead their fellow CTs, which is breaking the rules in the first place. I think the issue is that certain people are currently in the rank of Grandmaster when they shouldn't have been, or at least, not yet. If they were long-time dedicated and well behaved members, I'm sure they would use this feature the way it's supposed to be used, unlike those who simply farmed points to now have the privilege of (ab)using this feature.

I personally would like to see players being able to vote their own leader; similiar to the event nominations and have that same idea apply to voting a leader. (i.e !voteleader Akumu - Akumu has been voted to be the leader 2/4 more votes are needed). This means that the feature of becoming a leader through Skillbot would be disabled and it will most likely be a plugin on it's own. I don't know the possibilities, but that's something I'd rather have than what it's currently like whereas these features are available to those who farmed their way up to Grandmaster and now abuse this feature. I talked about this with @Punky yesterday too.

But what about people who rally up a small crew just to vote some rando to be leader and troll? I can def see this happening and if this voteleader thing comes to fruition it should be used with care to prevent misuse

• Content Count:  415

But what about people who rally up a small crew just to vote some rando to be leader and troll? I can def see this happening and if this voteleader thing comes to fruition it should be used with care to prevent misuse

This never ever happens. Mapeadores has this plugin and I haven't seen people get leader because of a group of people.

• Content Count:  66

This never ever happens. Mapeadores has this plugin and I haven't seen people get leader because of a group of people.

I just want to reiterate that I don't think this is a bad idea, it's certainly a very viable alternative to the current leader solution, but it was just 1 of the ways that it COULD be abused. Also, Mapeadores community =/= SG community. There's a different set of rules there, regulars with different origins, etc. The leader voting system should go through a test run to see if it's a viable option and if it is leave it there.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Grammar

• Content Count:  1061

Maybe we ought to simply reset the entire rank system and drastically raise the required points for each rank.

I'm sure it wouldn't go over very well but I don't really see another solution that keeps the system as is. It's been a work in progress from the start anyhow.

I would hate to remove the ability for players to have leaders when admins aren't around. As a perk, it's a tremendous incentive and really doesn't have any downsides for the server if ranks accurately reflect player experience/commitment to the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3401

Maybe we ought to simply reset the entire rank system and drastically raise the required points for each rank.

I'm sure it wouldn't go over very well but I don't really see another solution that keeps the system as is. It's been a work in progress from the start anyhow.

I think a rank reset is due since the recent rule changes regarding them, I also agree with pushing leader up to require more points. I'll speak to @Paralyzed and see what we come up with.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1039

I would hate to remove the ability for players to have leaders when admins aren't around. As a perk, it's a tremendous incentive and really doesn't have any downsides for the server if ranks accurately reflect player experience/commitment to the server.

I agree with crawfish about resetting the ranks. How about instead of increasing the gaps between each rank, just move the benefits of master (the 2x points on win and the increase points for dealing damage) and move it to grandmaster. Making it longer to obtain 9.2k points plus its also the start of the school year so the more dedicated regulars will (should) spend much less time on the server.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread