? servers

? players online

TTT Karma

• Content Count:  150

So the whole Karma reset got me thinking, perhaps Innocents could have their own shop using the Karma gained. Nothing overpowering mind you, but maybe a chance to buy some things to help innocents survive. It would create a karma sink which would remove the wipe because you could spend the score and would give an incentive to not RDM and earn more Karma. I'm not entirely certain on the source code required to pull it off or if it's even possible. Just figured I'd throw the idea here to get some of your noodles thinking.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be anything overpowering, and it's completely up to the staff as to what an inno could buy. Maybe a Med Pen for like 3k karma. I mean the JB server is unique with it's own rules and what have you, so why can't SG's TTT be unique?

It's just here for you all to think about.

• Content Count:  152

Giving people in game advantages for just having more karma because they play in the server more seems a bit unfair doesnt it? Lets say a you're a terrorist with 50 health in a 1v1 with a detective. You know he's only 20 health and can't buy a health station, so you decide to rush him down. But guess what? The detective used his karma to give himself 2 healthshots and because you just started playing the server, you cant buy healthshots. If you're worried about people having too much karma, capping karma to 2k and/or having a stricter penalty on players with higher karma would do the job.

• Content Count:  4441

Seems unfair to new players as @LargeAll said and in my own mind even if we balanced it properly it would take far too much effort for a very marginal effect. Another point that hasn't been touched on too much as of yet is that people treat their Karma as a trophy/rank, it's not something they really want to spend in my opinion.

If anything with the karma system is gonna change let it be the removal of fucking RDM ranks, people literally RDM and kill for any reason they can find so they can get a high rank on that, it's fucking revolting to me.

• Content Count:  1654

If anything with the karma system is gonna change let it be the removal of fucking RDM ranks, people literally RDM and kill for any reason they can find so they can get a high rank on that, it's fucking revolting to me.

Talking more about this, there have been groups and challenges made/done by certain individuals just to compete to see who can get the lowest rank for rdms, the lower the rank the more rdms. I personally have never taken part with this as I don't feel like having the lower rdm rank is a "cool goal" but those who do feel they need it (which is a lot of people) ruin the games of many players including myself from time to time with BS explanations as to why they rdmed instead of plainly admitting to rdming for the rank.

Going back on the original topic from a personal view I value my karma and wish to not spend it if it was ever to become a feature and I know a lot of other people who feel the same way, that's kinda why it feels like this wouldn't be too useful. To those who don't give a damn about their karma but they have a lot of it, it would be unfair but that was already covered by @LargeAll and @All Ts.

Honestly, this game mode shouldn't have a feature where the Innos can have an upper hand over a T in a certain situation by being able to purchase something that can help them in the long run. It's already hard enough for most T's to communicate well enough to actually kill all of the players so adding something like this would be even harder. I say no to Innos being able to purchase items whether it's purchased through karma or some credit system. Innos, in general, shouldn't be able to buy anything IMO

• Content Count:  1396

What I'm posting is more or less the initial thoughts behind the original plugin I made/edited, so it can be ignored if you don't care.

So the whole Karma reset got me thinking, perhaps Innocents could have their own shop using the Karma gained. Nothing overpowering mind you, but maybe a chance to buy some things to help innocents survive.

The base plugin that I edited to be SGs current TTT plugin all those years ago originally did have an inno shop, but i purposely removed it to make it more gmod like since that is what SG wanted at the time(aka appealing to SG old fags from gmod) but also to make us have a different TTT plugin. I think I did a good job at that xd.

I mean the JB server is unique with it's own rules and what have you, so why can't SG's TTT be unique?

I'm not sure what you mean by why can't SG's TTT be unique because imo it is the most unique TTT plugin that is currently in use.

Blame XeNo for it being included, but I find it a novelty. If people are purposely stat whoring for that though it should be removed, which I believe any TA can do because it is a simple 2 line code edit(if a TA does want to do this but doesn't have the source code PM me and I can send you it).

and as a final note as has been stated many times since I officially stopped working on TTT, things like new traitor/detective items and especially a new category for innocents can not be added till the new plugin is made.

Time for me to go back to w/e hole I crawled out of and be afk for months again now :)

• Like 5

Thank you all for providing your thoughts, I never had any expectations that this would make any headway. I do agree however with the removal of RDM rank, I see people like Pizza and a few others killing people randomly with no excuse other than to raise their rank higher. Honestly it should be a "Just kidding, we put this in just to see who the mass RDMers are" rank and ban the top 10. A bit harsh? I would have thought a punishment like that would be a bit overboard, but after seeing the RDM rank added and seeing how many people just kill all willy nilly is kind of sad. Especially when you are a regular to the server and know the rules well enough that getting to the top of an RDM leaderboard isn't something you'd want to accomplish.

Giving people in game advantages for just having more karma because they play in the server more seems a bit unfair doesnt it? Lets say a you're a terrorist with 50 health in a 1v1 with a detective. You know he's only 20 health and can't buy a health station, so you decide to rush him down. But guess what? The detective used his karma to give himself 2 healthshots and because you just started playing the server, you cant buy healthshots. If you're worried about people having too much karma, capping karma to 2k and/or having a stricter penalty on players with higher karma would do the job.

And it's not about having too much Karma, It's just a means to use it instead of having it reset, and I mean really the max karma bonus isn't that great to begin with. Also, the detective wouldn't have access to this shop, just Innos. But like I said, it could be anything in the shop. I think this all just stems from there being fewer !menu items to begin with. If anything bring back the Newton launcher R3tro!

Edited by Snootch

• Content Count:  3728

Seems unfair to new players as @LargeAll said and in my own mind even if we balanced it properly it would take far too much effort for a very marginal effect. Another point that hasn't been touched on too much as of yet is that people treat their Karma as a trophy/rank, it's not something they really want to spend in my opinion.

Talking more about this, there have been groups and challenges made/done by certain individuals just to compete to see who can get the lowest rank for rdms, the lower the rank the more rdms. I personally have never taken part with this as I don't feel like having the lower rdm rank is a "cool goal" but those who do feel they need it (which is a lot of people) ruin the games of many players including myself from time to time with BS explanations as to why they rdmed instead of plainly admitting to rdming for the rank.

Going back on the original topic from a personal view I value my karma and wish to not spend it if it was ever to become a feature and I know a lot of other people who feel the same way, that's kinda why it feels like this wouldn't be too useful. To those who don't give a damn about their karma but they have a lot of it, it would be unfair but that was already covered by @LargeAll and @All Ts.

Honestly, this game mode shouldn't have a feature where the Innos can have an upper hand over a T in a certain situation by being able to purchase something that can help them in the long run. It's already hard enough for most T's to communicate well enough to actually kill all of the players so adding something like this would be even harder. I say no to Innos being able to purchase items whether it's purchased through karma or some credit system. Innos, in general, shouldn't be able to buy anything IMO

I feel the same way as these guys tbh. I understand we could make SG TTT unique by doing things differently than other communities out there, but I don't think that should necessarily be by allowing people with higher karma to have an advantage over people with lesser. I don't have much more to add to this really, because most of it has already been mentioned in the quotes above.

As for the RDM ranks, I agree and will look into that.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread