? servers

? players online

How soon donating is too soon?

• Content Count:  24

So I recently started to play CS:GO again, and I really want to donate to this community. I have played games with it on and off for a good 2-3 years, but only now am I kinda committed. I remember the last community I donated too on a regular basis, the older donaters and supporters would kinda look down on players who play for 1-2 months and then donate. Comments along the lines of "Just doing it for the perks". From what I have noticed I don't think that will be a problem here, but I still want to get others opinions.

• Content Count:  2693

There is never a "too soon". You can donate whenever you want, no one gives a fuck if you donate "just for the perks" or if you donate for the well-being of the server. It's kinda ridiculous that they would look down upon people for that.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  461

Are you telling me that you didn't donate when you first joined the server? It is a requirement to donate when you join and if you were playing on the server without paying the donation fees then the server administrators will have to ban you immediately.

jk bro, donate at your own pace

:lisastache:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1654

lol honestly we thank the donors for being there to keep the servers up and running but at the same time we still thank our regular players who come back on day after day to keep playing and filling up the servers, because no matter how many donors we have we still depend tremendously on the players who make it a great experience for the new comers who may or may not become donors one day. We dont look down apon players who dont donate.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  701

Now's the best time to donate! This month will help out one of our great friends / staff, @McBride.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76782

Nevertheless, definitely donate at your pace. I don't think I did until somewhere along the lines of 7 months into being at this community, but there are others who donated within weeks of playing, even within hours. It's always appreciated and I don't think I've ever heard people say "Oh, you only donated for the perks." It's certainly a thought, but we appreciate all donations anyways.

This month especially tho :D2:

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2941

I've been with the community since 2012. I paid $20 once after a short time for Supporter.

Since then I have never donated another penny to SG until just a few weeks ago in order to subscribe to VIP. So that makes about 5 years before I donated again.

Basically, it's never too late or too early to donate.

• Content Count:  6242

I've been with the community since 2012. I paid $20 once after a short time for Supporter.

Since then I have never donated another penny to SG until just a few weeks ago in order to subscribe to VIP. So that makes about 5 years before I donated again.

Fucking cheapskate....

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1619

Too soon to donate would be if you're still unsure you want to stay here. If you know you'd play a lot and get the most out of your donation then I'd say go ahead and donate, but hold off if you don't think you'll get your money's worth.

• Content Count:  639

It took close to 10 years to donate $20, granted I did donate for admin back in the ZombieMurder days

Reply to Thread