? servers

? players online

ZE Map Completion Award

• Content Count:  1403

I definitely I agree that on JB, TTT, and even MG the players usually vote for the same maps constantly, but how would we make an award for "completing/Beating a map" when its for JB, TTT, or MG. There is no mission or end goal in the maps for these servers like there is on surf and ZE. There are no maps on TTT/JB/MG for there to be a "you win" at the end of the map, the goal for these gamemodes are rather the fact that you have to try to survive and or kill the apposing team.
tbh instead of adding an award, the AOs should just discuss increasing the length of voting for recently played maps.

• Content Count:  1654

tbh instead of adding an award, the AOs should just discuss increasing the length recently played maps should be voted for

Yeah me and a few others including @Leon Mordecai have been talking in TS about a way to group certain servers together and if a map voted on from that group then you would have to wait an X amount of minutes before voting on another map from that group. This atm is probably what may happen though it is still under discussion since this is a plugin that would need to be added.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3728

While I wouldn't mind seeing this idea being implemented, I am curious to see how this would be done. Skill surf actually has a plugin that tracks how many maps/levels you have beaten and therefore is able to track the right amount of percentage of maps you've finished -- this is not something we have on ZE and I'm not entirely sure how that is going to work other than us doing something similar to skill surf whereas you need to add start/end zones (then again, not sure how that would work with ZE because reaching an end zone doesn't automatically mean you actually beat the map/level).

Like I said, I like your idea but I will need to figure out if this is realistically possible.

The idea itself is interesting, however there is this problem where a lot of the maps are split into stages and I fear we currently don't have a way to differentiate "actual" win from just surviving level 1 for example (unless the skillbot plugin allows for it). Other than that I wouldn't mind adding it, if we had a solution for that.

Basically this.

• Like 1
Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  1061

The idea itself is interesting, however there is this problem where a lot of the maps are split into stages and I fear we currently don't have a way to differentiate "actual" win from just surviving level 1 for example (unless the skillbot plugin allows for it). Other than that I wouldn't mind adding it, if we had a solution for that.

While I wouldn't mind seeing this idea being implemented, I am curious to see how this would be done. Skill surf actually has a plugin that tracks how many maps/levels you have beaten and therefore is able to track the right amount of percentage of maps you've finished -- this is not something we have on ZE and I'm not entirely sure how that is going to work other than us doing something similar to skill surf whereas you need to add start/end zones (then again, not sure how that would work with ZE because reaching an end zone doesn't automatically mean you actually beat the map/level).

Like I said, I like your idea but I will need to figure out if this is realistically possible..

Para and Punky hit the nail on the head.

Great idea in theory and a really well worded suggestion.

However, for now it seems there's no real way for the server to track maps completed/% of a map completed.

If anyone has any ideas for plugins/editing sb (if even possible) I'd love to revisit this.

Until then, I'm going to have to leave this as rejected.

Reply to Thread