? servers

? players online

ZE Map Completion Award

• Content Count:  1654

I propose we should have multiple awards added in specifically for completing a certain % of the maps on ZE. This is just like how it is on our surf server where if you complete 5% of the maps you will get the 5% award for surf. Once you complete the entirety of a ZE map it gets tracked and the more maps you complete the higher the % award you can get just like on surf.

I feel that this award can shed more light on how dedicated our ZE regulars truly are by letting them show of these awards to let everyone know that they are the best of the best for ZE. Not only that but it will also give people more incentive to play more different maps that we never would nominate just to try and get the map completion. If you have played ZE for more then a few days you would notice that most people would nominate the same maps over and over and over again. It would be very rare to actually get the masses to vote on a map that no one has ever heard about and no one knows the "tricks" of the map. This award can be the first step to incentivize more people to finally be courageous enough to vote on those different maps.

Another thing that can increase in result to adding these awards would be the increase in ZE events where the primary objective is to play a map where most people including our ZE admin tryhards haven't even heard of and try to complete it. I know a lot of the ZE admins can agree with the point that it would be very rare to have the population in ZE to vote on a map that they have never heard about unless it was a specific admin to make a yes or no vote if they wanted to try a specific map.

I truly believe that this award would bring great incentive and more fun to our ZE regulars to finally explore maps hiding behind the most common map names like gris, icecap, pirates port royale, every surf map and more. Please leave your thoughts because this really seems like a beneficial addition. Thank you

• Content Count:  4441

I think its a good idea, would be willing to make the award if you could give me some type of idea of what you wanted.

Gonna tag @Post and @shoiep aswell.

EDIT: @Greggy G Isn't a potential issue here that ZE constantly readds and removes maps and it inflates the list a lot?

Edited by All Ts

That would definitely cause an issue if there is a constant addition or removal of certain maps. As of right now I am not sure if there is a potential for every map to have a chance at removal so I think the best plan would be to make a list of all the maps that don't have a chance of removal and make that list as the specific maps that you need to complete when trying to get this award. Obviously I am not 100% certain how the removal or the addition of maps work for ZE so I'll tag @Black Rain @Leon Mordecai and @Paralyzed to ask if this would be an issue if these awards where to be added

• Content Count:  2941

Why not go off of number of maps beaten instead of a percentage?

I don't play ZE and wouldn't know but it seems to me that beating any map would be an achievement.

Not sure what kind of variety ZE has for maps but the awards could be like 'Beat 15 different ZE maps', 'Beat 25 different ZE maps', 'Beat 40 different ZE maps'.

• Content Count:  1592

The idea itself is interesting, however there is this problem where a lot of the maps are split into stages and I fear we currently don't have a way to differentiate "actual" win from just surviving level 1 for example (unless the skillbot plugin allows for it). Other than that I wouldn't mind adding it, if we had a solution for that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1403

IMO the only reason surf's award requires map completion is because playtime on that server doesn't impact the community as much as JB, TTT, & ZE. It gives the incentive to actually play longer and win the maps rather than just playing on the server, while ZE no matter your playtime you always are being pushed to complete the maps. Surf is more a casual server, in a more simplistic term.

That being said I am not for adding this award.

Again, it's just a forum award. I doubt it will get much attention from the general population of ZE.

You missed the point of this award @Four .We are trying to bring incentive to play on the different maps that are currently available in the map pool. If you play ZE you would know that most players will always nominate and vote for the same specific maps over and over again and leave behind a lot of other maps that rarely ever get played. You stated that "while ZE no matter your playtime you always are being pushed to complete the maps." This is not true because the players are pushed to complete the specific map that they are playing at that moment which is usually the more popular and overplayed maps and not the ones people would rarely play and vote for. Im trying to get a way to get players to vote for different maps to feel a new experience and not go through gris, pirates, and surf every hour.

• Content Count:  1403

You missed the point of this award @Four .We are trying to bring incentive to play on the different maps that are currently available in the map pool. If you play ZE you would know that most players will always nominate and vote for the same specific maps over and over again and leave behind a lot of other maps that rarely ever get played. You stated that "while ZE no matter your playtime you always are being pushed to complete the maps." This is not true because the players are pushed to complete the specific map that they are playing at that moment which is usually the more popular and overplayed maps and not the ones people would rarely play and vote for. Im trying to get a way to get players to vote for different maps to feel a new experience and not go through gris, pirates, and surf every hour.
If that is the case then why wouldn't we implement something similar to the other servers as well? JB constantly has the same rotation and doesn't give love to the maps that players aren't familiar with the names, all three of the popular servers have this problem of having the same constant maps in the rotation, I have played ZE and understand your standpoint but I really don't think it's ever going to change.

I don't really have a problem with adding new awards, now if you guys really think this will solve the problem of the constant gris, icecap, pirates port royale stale rotation then by all means go for it.

If that is the case then why wouldn't we implement something similar to the other servers as well? JB constantly has the same rotation and doesn't give love to the maps that players aren't familiar with the names, all three of the popular servers have this problem of having the same constant maps in the rotation, I have played ZE and understand your standpoint but I really don't think it's ever going to change.

I definitely I agree that on JB, TTT, and even MG the players usually vote for the same maps constantly, but how would we make an award for "completing/Beating a map" when its for JB, TTT, or MG. There is no mission or end goal in the maps for these servers like there is on surf and ZE. There are no maps on TTT/JB/MG for there to be a "you win" at the end of the map, the goal for these gamemodes are rather the fact that you have to try to survive and or kill the apposing team.

Reply to Thread