? servers

? players online

Tf2 Server

• Content Count:  3401

The TF2 community is gradually losing population sadly, most people have moved on to Overwatch. The only reason the game hasn't died yet is probably because it's free to play. I don't think a TF2 server is a great idea honestly.

• Content Count:  1654

ahhhh TF2, so many memories of fun and amazing times yet, I haven't played it in over a year now and its sad to say but TF2 is just not the same fun game as it used to be. Making a TF2 server is definitely not the problem, but finding a sg tf2 mass that will join constantly will take a very long time. Like what @frosty said, TF2s population has been going down for years now and its just seems like it would be a really bad time to invest in a server that we don't know we have a chance in to maintain afloat. I used to be a staff memeber for a certain TF2 JB group (that I will not name here) about 2 years back and the group had disbanded since our regulars that would join frequently just stopped coming, even in the summer when everyone was off we would have almost empty servers. I wouldn't risk the chance to waste time on TF2.

• Content Count:  147

I know that the Tf2 population is going down but when ever im on tf2 and get bored i go to the pb servers and i would rather go to sgs pb server than any other server.

• Content Count:  1612

Honestly, not sure why people are saying that most TF2 players are moving to Overwatch. A lot of players I speak with have played it, then return back to TF2. I can agree that a decent chunk of players have left TF2, with an approximate 22% decrease of active players since OW released, but all aspects of it are still alive and well. I still play it actively both competitively, and casually.

However, I doubt it would be a good decision to start a JB server in TF2. It's much different then CS JB in many ways, and the overall JB community in TF2 is garbage. The only communities that have stayed afloat in TF2 are servers with 20+ different gamemodes active, and running unskippable ads when you connect, and every 15 minutes that you play.

It is fun to play TF2 JB on occasion, but I doubt a TF2JB SG server it would keep an active playerbase for long. Especially when the only way you can obtain guns as a T is to go into armory.

• Content Count:  147

@SL4DE,Yes of course it would be different but we could still get more players to join the steam-gamers community who knows maybe TF2 would be alot of fun. I personally do not like any other JB servers because i cant get used to the whole warden thing and I know for sure that if Steam-gamers would add a TF2 servers it would be one of the best.

• Content Count:  1654

I agree and disagree in some points you had stated @SL4DE . Don't get me wrong TF2 has been my first PC game and first game that I put my heart into, over 2700 hours on tf2 to this date, I agree that having a TF2 JB SG server would be very tricky, it would be very hard to set up because the rules set for the JB server for CSGO will have to be completely different rules for TF2. You are right when it comes to the fact that most TF2 servers that stay afloat are ones with long, boring, and inescapable ads but at the same time I don't remember a lot of TF2 communities having forums set up like we have here on SG where many people donate. The only thing I disagree with what you said is that not "all" JB TF2 servers where bad, from my experience helping around my TF2 JB server back in the day was an amazing experience and brought so many people joy and I feel that while it may be tricky we have certain people In SG that can definitely help out planning how the JB server would work including myself.

I am going back on my word when I had stated I wouldn't risk the chance to waste time to set up a TF2 JB SG server because now I'm just thinking of all the possibilities that can come from this. If there was ever an opportunity for SG to make a TF2 JB SG server count me in, I would love to help set any rules as I have great experience with TF2 JB. I was foolish when I had said that we shouldn't risk the chance because this shouldn't be looked at as a risk but as an opportunity to open our doors as a community to another game.

Reply to Thread