? servers

? players online

[JB] there are too many players on JB fam

• Content Count:  160

36 players is too many, so if we can't reduce the number of people, let's at least change something to maintain order.

i like the idea of more players as there are constantly more trying to join. i can admit i have caught myself many times trying to auto-join to for a spot, but the chaos is much worse than before, and i'm starting to think the sacrafice of order for a few more players isn't worth it

honestly I don't really have an alternative, maybe just a few less players, cap it at ~30 or so, but if not then there has to be some kind of change cause it's really ridiculous.

The worst part isn't the beginning of the round, or the end of the round, it's the middle of the round, after the first orders are given and the t's are allowed off mic. it's nearly impossible with all of the ct's and t's talking at the same time for a single person to give a coherent order, and sometimes even the "off mic" order doesn't to much cause the ct's are the ones being obnoxious as well.

I've been contemplating the idea of wardens, at least maybe test it for like a week to see how it goes. I know the server has been built on freedom of all ct's to give orders, so maybe some kind of flexible system? I was tossing the idea around of a couple main guys who have to earn the right to talk. I've played on servers where you have to play for an hour or something like that before you can even use the mic, so maybe some kind of system where you need to earn it? to sign up on the forums or something? It's vague i know but the idea i'm really grabbing at is less players on the mic.

I'd like for more leniance on "all t's off mic" as well. 15 seconds is a little short being as you have to repeat yourself a few times before you get everybody's attention (including you're own ct's. also i understand that it's approximate, but i got beaned at by some new guy because i kept them off for more than 15). I remember when it was like maximum of a minute, which i think is fine, if not that at least 30 seconds will be adequate as long as it's not being abused. (e. g. "ALL T'S OFF MIC" being used every time one of the ct's gets spoken over)

any suggestions appreciated, i just want a little more order.

pls be gentle this is my first suggestion

• Content Count:  1469

At some point we are going to definitely need to put warden on jb there are going to be too many players that are going to be way too chaotic without a warden. I feel that we should have a system where if you play X amount of hours on the server then you can get warden and if the Ct players don't like you as being warden then someone can start a vote for a new warden

• Like 2

• Content Count:  890

I like the idea, just as said before the high ups like keeping the server as vanilla as possible.

It is VERY hard to keep order as a CT now with everyone yelling over each other so I agree we need something to fix that. Just not sure a warden system will be a good idea, and signing up for it will scare people away because they don't want to waste time in signing up to play a server.

SUGGESTION:

*Maybe we could get a timer on when the cell doors can be opened, some people like to open cell doors immediately to troll or to get someone killed on purpose.

*Make the off mic timer longer at the beginning of the round.

• Content Count:  391

The "chaos" of the server isn't because of the slot increase, even before the slot increase there would always be a problem with not being able to hear orders, and in my experience it wasn't the Ts that made it hard to hear the orders. You can tell em to be off mic for 15 seconds(which is more than enough time) and shoot em if they continued. But the people you can't shoot are the retard cts that talk and conflict over each other. Even though conflicting isn't as much of an issue as it used to be. It still happens when admins arent on to babysit the CTs. I'm not sure if I would like a warden system, it would solve most of the cancerous mic spam. I'm down to try it out, but, like I said, i'm not so sure I would like it.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  160

"But the people you can't shoot are the retard cts that talk and conflict over each other" this is to be solved by some kind of warden system

"The "chaos" of the server isn't because of the slot increase" see what i said ---> "but the chaos is much worse than before" i know it didn't just start, i'm saying it's much worse. which is true. @Kicks

• Content Count:  305

It's not the slots, its the new people coming with the slots. Regardless of how many can join they will have joined anyway. There are plenty of times where its been 34 players and its still a fun environment

• Content Count:  4960

To whoever suggested "Warden"

-> No

There's a reason we have a high population, and it makes us different than other servers.

Besides, 2009 PB was the best PB and it didn't have warden either.

/nostalgia

• Content Count:  4441

Just as some reassurance.

CT bans put us in the good direction to keeping shitheads off CT, that and the addition of some pretty great staff and promotions in the past 6 months I think this problem will take a dive in the best kind of way.

Reply to Thread