? servers

? players online

SG Roleplay Server?

• Content Count:  192

I have seen games that include Roleplay like Arma 3 and GTA V have roleplay and I think having a Roleplay Server On SG would be very fun because not only could we play with fellow Steam-Gamers But We could have lots of fun, Also I don't think Anyone on CS:GO owns a Roleplay Server so not only will this be fun but also different. We all know Arma 3 blew up because many people played Roleplay on it In my opinion. I really recommend you guys take this into consideration. Maybe we could have a Roleplay Server up for like a week or even month and see how well it does. If it does well you have the option to keep it. In My opinion this is a really cool Server Idea and I like the whole idea and would even love to hear some of your opinions! Thank you for Taking time to read this :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Would like to see something along these lines, particularly Dark RP on Garry's Mod & ArmA. I'd be willing to play GTA but think ArmA/GMOD is far more likely to work.

I've ran & administrated popular DarkRP servers in the past, would love to take some time off of Prison Break but it would probably spread our admins thin.

Main issue with ArmA is that in most cases it requires you to have people with experience in running an ArmA server, intricate rules etc.. all of which takes TONS of work.

• Content Count:  2668

Unlikely. Garry's Mod PERP kinda killed the whole RP thing for SG. @Paralyzed can probably shed light on that since he ran that server.

However, I think it would be a good idea to have it in the selection for MGT, since you suggested to have it up for a week for a test run. Which is pretty much what the MGT is.

• Content Count:  4441

Unlikely. Garry's Mod PERP kinda killed the whole RP thing for SG. @Paralyzed can probably shed light on that since he ran that server.

However, I think it would be a good idea to have it in the selection for MGT, since you suggested to have it up for a week for a test run. Which is pretty much what the MGT is.

I disagree with 2 things here.

I disagree with the mentality that because PERP didn't work under Paralyzed in 2011 or whenever the fuck, that the entire RP genre is fucked for SG. I feel like that's pretty narrow minded in all honesty. Besides that, DarkRP and BuildRP both did alright even after PERP went down so I can't completely say that SG should overlook this idea.

I disagree with a test run on anything RP, would take far too long to set anything worthwhile on any of those games up to play up for a week only.

Kinda got to go with the "go big or go home" mentality and doing it right now might not be the best idea simply due to the lack of staffing & as far as I know little experience with these type of servers among our high ranks.

• Content Count:  1612

I hosted an Arma 3 server not too long ago for SG peeps, wouldn't mind doing it again if there was enough interest. It only lasted a few months, as a lot of newer gamemodes fizzle out as the hype dies, but it was fun. The only problem is maintaining interest, and finding players who have a machine decent enough to play Arma.

Admin Zeus access would be a priority.

Reply to Thread