? servers

? players online

A SG Discord

• Content Count:  72

I think we needs an SG discord this would simplified the things and you can make a lots of things

Im sure it would be usefull :bird:

And by this way you can make a really big things and it would be simplified

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

We already had like about three threads discussing the idea of an SG Discord and all of them have been rejected.

Edit: Here are some threads that deal with it.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70027&highlight=Discord

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73614&highlight=Discord

Black Rain's post in the first one sums it up.

• Like 1
Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  11501

this would simplified the things and you can make a lots of things And by this way you can make a really big things and it would be simplified

I never looked at it from this perspective.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  3401

one day... I can only hope.

Everyone I know has already made the switch ditching TeamSpeak, Skype and Ventrilo and in my opinion Discord is just the better service out there but right now SG does not want to switch. Frostbittens post sums it up.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

TeamSpeak gives us control, Discord does not.

Everything from having an a physical server, to being able to utilize addons, extremely in depth permissions, and also TeamSpeak tends to be much better for a gaming community that has players from all around the world. If SG was a small friend group I may support it but honestly it would become a problem that some of our players would receive terrible latency and all it'd end up doing is splitting up the community.

I will say if Discord increases in popularity for the coming year we should probably be willing & able to consider switching as I'm starting to notice more and more people using Discord for it's simplicity while TeamSpeak can be really intimidating to young kids & idiots a like.

• Content Count:  11723

TeamSpeak gives us control, Discord does not.

Everything from having an a physical server, to being able to utilize addons, extremely in depth permissions, and also TeamSpeak tends to be much better for a gaming community that has players from all around the world. If SG was a small friend group I may support it but honestly it would become a problem that some of our players would receive terrible latency and all it'd end up doing is splitting up the community.

I will say if Discord increases in popularity for the coming year we should probably be willing & able to consider switching as I'm starting to notice more and more people using Discord for it's simplicity while TeamSpeak can be really intimidating to young kids & idiots a like.

What kind of addons would be even use tho?

I can't really name any reasons.

Support is with Frost, discord is a lot better

What kind of addons would be even use tho?

I can't really name any reasons.

Support is with Frost, discord is a lot better

Music bots, Anti-spam, AFK auto-kicks, Commands that let you visit last channel via. a bind, mass moving clients, and so.. so much more. I've seen some seriously cool shit done with TeamSpeak.

Music bots, Anti-spam, AFK auto-kicks, Commands that let you visit last channel via. a bind, mass moving clients, and so.. so much more. I've seen some seriously cool shit done with TeamSpeak.

Pretty much all of that you can do in Discord with bots as well and I'm only saying pretty much because I'm not 100% about the last point, but I don't think we'd ever have a reason to use it anyway.

Pretty much all of that you can do in Discord with bots as well and I'm only saying pretty much because I'm not 100% about the last point, but I don't think we'd ever have a reason to use it anyway.

My point wasn't that Discord can't do those things.

My point was that there are tons of addons/plugins for TeamSpeak, where as whatever Discord comes with that's pretty much what you get. Even if we didn't have a reason to use any of those addons, the ability to use addons allows for much more versatility.

My point wasn't that Discord can't do those things.

My point was that there are tons of addons/plugins for TeamSpeak, where as whatever Discord comes with that's pretty much what you get. Even if we didn't have a reason to use any of those addons, the ability to use addons allows for much more versatility.

Maybe I'm missing your point but Discord also has alot of bots which add features to Discord channels the same as Teamspeak that has plugins.

Reply to Thread