? servers

? players online

NHL Expansion and Entry Drafts

• Content Count:  1619

Well the moment hockey fans have been waiting for is here! The protected and unprotected list

Not really anything too shocking on it.

I guess some context would help. Basically with Vegas getting a new team this year, they get to pick one player from each of the 30 teams. So each team gets to protect a certain number of players or else you'd have Vegas stacking their teams with the likes of Crosby, Ovechkin, Price.

The players unprotected are up for grabs, but they can only take 1 from each team, and teams can work out a deal with Vegas to not take a certain player or even take a player they don't want.

So if Montreal wants to keep Plekanec, they can offer Vegas a draft pick if they don't take him.

• Content Count:  3462

Vegas has already said that they have at least 6 trades in place.

VGK say they have six trades in place. If we're speculating - emphasis on speculating - likely to be with ANA, CBJ, CHI, NYI, PIT, TB.

Also speculation that Florida and Minnesota could be on that list.

You should get the app "Icebreaker" if you don't have it already. Incredibly fast updates via McKenzie and others twitter posts.

EDIT: Detroit protecting Howard over Mrazek is actually pretty shocking.

• Like 1
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  3462

It'll be interesting, some top talent available. Will they take Radulov? He's definitely someone they could build a franchise around, but it's risky with him being a UFA.

They wouldn't take him because he'll be a FA anyways. They'll probably take Davidson or Emelin.

They wouldn't take him because he'll be a FA anyways. They'll probably take Davidson or Emelin.

I'd say Emelin, Davidson wasn't good, he has heart, but not the skill.

Radulov is worth the risk, a team like New Jersey, you have crap to pick from, take cheap players from those teams, take Radulov and sign him long term. The risk is definitely worth the reward.

Also thanks for the app suggestion, it's been a game changer for me.

• Content Count:  59

I wanna see this new team be fucking trash like loes a gam like 15-0 and like not win any game it would be a grate meme and nhl would get more popular and views

I wanna see this new team be fucking trash like loes a gam like 15-0 and like not win any game it would be a grate meme and nhl would get more popular and views

Watch junior if you want blowout games like that. This year in the Quebec league Charlottetown beat Moncton 13-2, 12-3, 11-4, 10-1 and 8-3

Reply to Thread