? servers

? players online

Story Time Contest 4!

• Content Count:  5055

logo.png

NDx8MkC.png

Hello Steam-Gamers and welcome to the fourth story time contest! I know a lot of you are busy with exams and summer is around the corner but still why not host another fun story time contest? Rules are simple: I give you one or more theme(s) and based on those each person creates a creative, well thought out story for the judge(s). The best 3 stories will win some nice prizes. Please read the information below before submitting your story.

THEME:

Summer Time

RULES:

1. Your story must be centered on the pre-selected theme. If you go off topic your story will be disqualified.

2. If there is more than one theme, you may either pick one or incorporate all of them into your story.

3. You must create a title for your story.

4. Your story must be a minimum of 350 words. A story that contains less than 350 words will be automatically disqualified.

5. Make sure you follow the forum rules.

6. Be creative, use your imagination, and have lots of fun! :)

PRIZES:

First Place: AK-47 Wasteland Rebel (FT), 1 month of VIP, and a forum award

Second Place: AK-47 Aquamarine Revenge (FT), M4A4 Evil Daimyo, and a forum award

Third Place: StatTrak AWP Worm God (MW), P250 Asiimov (BS), and a forum award

PARTICIPANTS:

@Poobah

@Shadowkiller

@WillofCamelot

@Rye

@shoiep

@Greggy G

DEADLINE:

Friday, July 7th

Thanks to @Carter for donating some CSGO skins for the prizes!

Have fun and may the best story win!

BLNj6tP.png

• Like 14
Edited by Leon Mordecai
Cuz Greggy G is a fgt

• Content Count:  418

Willpower

It started off just like every other time. We go in, we get the job done. Sometimes, not everyone can do it but most of us pull through. This time, however, was different.

We head towards the target with me thinking that this is one I've already beaten. It's the dead heat of a killer summer but, despite the heat, I'm pleasantly surprised to see it incomplete. William, my partner in training, has naturally yet to complete this one.

"It's too hard", he says, as I breeze right through.

I explicitly inform Will that we won't be leaving until he has completed his mission, even if it takes many days. He persists.

Nearly an hour in, Will has made progress, but not much. He is struggling on the ending and is hitting the last few ramps very poorly due to the warm conditions. He is just a few centimeters/inches from the end, slips in his own sweat, and he falls short. Will is greatly disheartened by his failure and proceeds to inform me that he can't do it. I tell him once again that we will not be leaving until he completes the map and that should time run out without completing the course there would be consequences. Will is somewhat motivated by this, in a bad way, and trudges on through the heat.

Two hours into the map and Will is still surfing. Since it is summer, it's scorching hot in his room and he tells me that his palms are very sweaty, knees are weak, and that his arms are, in fact, spaghetti. His hands are legitimately shaking from exhaustion and his Switzerland ping is not doing him any favors, so he comes back with Canadian ping instead. Not long after this, several other officials have come to examine William's progress. They are not pleased with his performance and promptly extend the map by 7 days. To make things even worse for Will, Commander Bread joins the server. With four different spectators watching him, Will inevitably chokes. I am out of time for the day, remind Will of his blood pact, and go on my way.

I visit the forums roughly 30 minutes later only to see in chat box that William has given up. I can only project my great displeasure with this news by telling Will that due to his failure he will be sleeping in the yard tonight.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  729

So I'm going to be telling a story because I'm Bored asf.....so here goes nothing

Haunted Shack In The Summer

There was once a little boy named Leon Mordecai, he was only 14 years old. He was on his way back home from school with his friends Gator, Frank the rabbit, Insidious, Octa and Greggy. They were walking home talking about a rumor that they heard from Shadowkiller who claimed that there was a haunted place where a shack would appear out of no where in the middle of the hill every year in the summer. Shadowkiller said that his older brother manage to see one of his friend went in and never came back out and soon disappeared. His brother was telling him the story because he doesn't want the same thing to happen to Shadowkiller, who he love so much. After everyone went home Leon and his friends were all thinking of going to look for this shabby little shack to see if what Shadowkiller said was true or not. They were so ready to make fun of sad little Shadowkiller for being a little pussy.

Morning came and all the kids were walking and riding to school smiling because everyone was excited that its the last day of school. Leon met up with Gator, Frank, Insidious, Octa, and Greggy. They were waiting to bully poor little Shadowkiller for being a little pussy. They couldn't wait to see his face when they drag his ass to that place that he mention. Shadowkiller already noticed about Leon and Gang plan and was ready to run away from them as far as possible, but it failed because gator and Frank was blocking the entrance while Greggy and Insidious was coming from the back with Leon to the right and Octa to the left. I was trapped with no where to go. I begged and plead with them to let me go as I truly do not wish to go to that Haunted place who made my big brother friend disappeared. No matter how I begged and pleaded, it was no use at all. The more i begged the more I get hit and kick and being called a pussy punk ass. I was enrage and extremely angry at them but my mother always says violent isn't always the answer.

Making our way in a different direction unlike our usual routine, this time we're going up to the hill that Shadowkiller mention to Leon and friends yesterday. It was Evening, still daytime and nothing was happening. Leon was getting agitated and angry for thinking to him self that he actually believe a dumbass loner Shadowkiller. Leon then pulled Shadowkiller and asked him "WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS SHITTY SHACK OF YOUR AT?" Leon then kick Shadowkiller down and repeatedly kicking him. Shadowkiller told Leon that it only appear when the summer begin. They all stay very late that night till it hit midnight. Everyone was looking straight at the hill hoping to see a shack appear, but to their surprise they see nothing at all. Out of disappointment Leon and gang decided to kick Shadowkiller, punch Shadowkiller, spit on Shadowkiller and they even as much as piss on him. Shadowkiller felt so much shame that he decided to stand up and ran away from them, the furthest the better.

After running for a few second down the hill Shadowkiller saw a little shack with its door opened, he decided to run into it and close the door so his bullies wont get to him. By the time Shadowkiller got inside and was ready to slam the door shut Leon already put his foot in the way and blocked it. Leon pushed the door open which got Shadowkiller to fall down on his ass. Leon group of friends finally manage to caught up and started throwing out nasty words at Shadowkiller. They all think that Shadowkiller was making a fool out of them as a way to get revenge on them for bullying him. After they finished beating Shadowkiller up Leon stood up and was ready to leave the little shack, but to his surprise the door is gone. Leon was sure that they came from this direction but why is it that there isn't a door here? Leon mind was in chaos while his little group of friends were just enjoying themselves with beating Shadowkiller.

Later on Everybody in the room heard a small low creak up stairs, thinking that it was nothing Leon ignored it telling the others to split up to find an exit. Shadowkiller was smart so he yelled to everyone to not split up and to stay together because we're in the shack that he was talking about. Leon's friends all got chills running through their spine the moment shadowkiller said that. Leon decided to ignored Shadowkiller and tell them all to split up or he'll beat them all up, which got them all to start walking towards in different direction till they all heard a creaking sound upstairs. Everyone got their back towards the stairs not trying to make eye contact with whoever it was that is looking at them from up there. they all heard someone walking down the stairs step by step, as slow as it can as if no one was expecting it but they all heard it loud and clear alright. After a few more steps down the stairs Shadowkiller turned his head to look and all he heard was loud footstep noise running back upstairs as if someone was trying to hide their presence from them.

Leon called out to everyone that he found a door but wasn't sure if it'll lead to outside, so he made Shadowkiller take point. The moment Shadowkiller reach his hand out to grab onto the doorknob everybody felt like they were being watched by multiple eyes upstairs. They all felt so naked out in the open like preys just waiting for their predator. The moment Shadowkiller open the door everyone rushed in not wanting to be the last man. After slamming the door shut their heart were beating fast and were lying on the floor. Shadowkiller was looking around the room and to his surprise, there was no windows and everything in the room was black. Leon was starting to worry because it seems like one of Leon's friends had disappeared, Octa is gone. Octa was actually the very last person when everyone was rushing to get through the door and he just happened to be the last. Leon lockedhe doorknob and chainlock and turn to Shadowkiller and blamed him for telling them the story of this haunted shack on the hill shortly after that they staryed hearing a small low voice outside of the door. It sounded as if someone was being torture right at this moment.

This voice actually belong to Octa as he is being torture right now, screaming for his friends to help him till his voice stop screaming now. Chill and sweat starting flowing out of everyone body wishing they were back home now. Everyone have the same thought, Octa is dead. Shadowkiller walking around thinking of finding a way out of the room to the outside. He found a chimney and decided that he was going to climb as way outside but just as that thought came to him they heard banging at the door. Loud bang after bang knocking at the door like someone was throw their whole body at it. Leon's friends were so scared that they were fighting over who's going next up the chimney. The person after Shadowkiller was obviously Leon because he was actually watching his every step already. After Leon is Frank, Gator, Insidious and Greggy. The banging was getting louder and harder until Greggy could see the door cracking. A small little hole could be seen and it turns out to be a red eye looking straight at Greggy. Everything flashed before his eyes and his thought of going on a summer date with his girlfriend all came to him. Greggy then made a move and grab one of Insidious leg and pulled him down as hard as he can and fling Insidious towards the door. Greggy have a Girlfriend and wishes to live through this summer of hell so he can be with her.

The door was busted open and Insidious was just sitting there looking at the other side of the door and wasn't seeing anything at all. He scream back to the others saying that its gone. Just when he say that he saw someone, who seem to be like Octa walking slowly towards Insidious. Insidious ran towards Octa waving his hand. The moment he got closer to Octa, He notice that Octa eyes were missing. Afterwards Insidious voice was heard by Shadowkiller, Leon and the others. The moment everyone step out of the chimney they were all so shocked to find out that it isn't over yet, they haven't got to the outside of the house but got to the second floor instead. They all started thinking the same thought of how much story they got to tell their classmate once this is over, more like "IF they make it out of here alive".

TO BE CONTINUED...maybe

• Like 9
Edited by Yang

• Content Count:  586

The Surfing nightmare

It twas a warm June night just like any other, William, a friendly gamer, decided to join the steam-gamers surf server to catch up on some unwatched podcasts. He joined with an easy tier 1 map which he has able to beat 5 times, reducing his personal best every time. This sadly wasn't hard enough for Will, so he, not knowing at this time, had made the worst decision of his life... He rtv'ed the map... To the tier 2, Surf_neo...

It started off just like any other surf map, Will kept failing but it was normal because he had never played the map before, but he kept trying. At this point, this shady looking guy named Poobah, was able to beat the map in his first couple attempts and this made Will jealous. He kept trying to beat it, even though he knew it was too hard for him. He finally threw in the towel and told the grandmaster that it was too hard for him. This led to the man saying "This is an easy map". Will replied with "This is more of a tier 3 or even tier 4 map". Poobs laughed in Will's face and said "This is barely a Tier 2 map, its more like a tier 1 or even tier 0 map". This made Will very angry, so in spite of what the old man said he tried again but still failed. Will decided it was time for him to RTV the map, because he was fed up of failing it. This "Triggered" Poobah, and what the man said next will haunt Will's nightmares for the rest of his life.

The shady looking man said to will, "You will not leave this map until you beat it". Somehow Will got transported in real life to the grandmaster's basement. The charming young man,Will, knew there was only 1 way out, and this was... to beat the map.

An hour had past and Will, still hadn't beat the map. A normal surf player would have beaten this map after just 15 minutes, but not Will, he was a very consistently unconsistent fellow. The basement lights we're pretty dim so this made the young man feel tired and unconcentrated. This did not help Will what so ever. He finally decided to ask Poobah for some help, so he climbed up the stairs and knocked at the basement door asking Poobah to come downstairs and show him how a pro does it. As expected, it took 2 tries for him to beat it. Will tried to replicate his moves but just couldn't do it. Poobah gave up and went back upstairs in his air-condition house leaving Will in the scorching heat of his basement.

Bored, Poobah invited 3 creepy looking dudes, to watch Will fail. These 3 young and pretty attractive looking guys were Gator, Reid and Senpai. Reid and Senpai couldn't beat the map but that didn't stop them from making fun of Will. Gator was able to beat the map in just 15min and this made Will very angry. At this point 2 hours and 30 minuted had past and obviously Will still hadn't beaten it. He was super hot and sweaty, so he decided to ask Poobah for some water, but Poobah declined with a smirk on his face. What happened next surprised mr.Camelot. The great and almighty Bread had join the party. Will finally thought that his hero came to rescue him, but he was totally wrong. Will was greeted with the words "Will you suck". At this moment, Will knew that this man was not a hero, but an other villain in this story, that stayed to watch him suffer and make fun of him. Will had 5 people watching him fail, time and time again. Will kept saying "this time I will beat the map", but he failed every time. People joined and left, doing nothing to save Will, even though he was screaming for them to help, there was not one hero that was brave enough to save him.

3 hours and a haft had gone by, since Will had started the map, everyone had left at this point, because they we're tired. You would think that that would make Will less stressed but you would be wrong. He couldn't even make it past haft the map anymore, he was just too tired to move on. He only had 1 run that could of led him to beat the map, but he failed by hitting the front of the finish line. Poobah had told him, at that time, if he had crouched he would've probably have beaten it. This made Will very frustrated and it was from that point on, that Will couldn't even past the haft way point, he had just given up. What had happened next probably helped but also harmed the life of Will.

A young teen, named NanoHawk joined the surf map. He just gave up after like 5 attemps... and this led him to R... T... V... Somehow the map changed with only one RTV and this made Will's heart drop in an instant. Will fainted but woke up after a minute. When he woke up he saw the scariest sight of his life. The body of Poobah was standing next to him, with a mad look on his face. He dragged Will to his backyard and told him "You will be sleeping with the dogs, outside, for the rest of your life". When Poobah left Will crouched into the dogs house and cried all night. In the morning Poobah had left for work and Will knew this was his only chance to escape. He found that the gate was unlocked. He opened it and just ran... He ran until he couldn't run anymore, he was too scared too look back. After a couple of bus rides, Will had finally reached his house. He was finally safe and away from his Kidnapper.

This was the true story of the scariest day of WillofCamelot's life. (with added fiction)

The story was made from a different perspective of Poobah's story. Will's Perspective. I also added some fiction to the story to make it less boring.

Author : WillofCamelot

People featured in the Story: @Poobah, @Gator, @Reid99, @Senpai, @Bread and @TheRealOGNanoHawk.

• Like 6
Edited by Will.
Putting @ infront of people featured names, corrected all my errors and adding Gator to the story, who I had forgotten

• Content Count:  729

question. so if no one else participated then do we just win?

EDIT: I know its an obviously stupid question, but I just had to ask. I'm a dumbass. Delete this post if you want

Edited by Yang

• Content Count:  1403

question. so if no one else participated then do we just win?

EDIT: I know its an obviously stupid question, but I just had to ask. I'm a dumbass. Delete this post if you want

Technically if I'm not mistaken they will judge the best three, so yes you would automatically win if no one else entered. However I doubt the contest will only receive three entries.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread