jb_tropical_islandv3_sg removal

• Content Count:  477

Map Removal

Full map name

jb_tropical_islandv3_sg

Type of map

Jail Break

Why should we remove it

This map is way too t sided. Every day its either all the cts die immeditly or a freeday. The map is good but it never gets played since all the cts die at the start or go to the other island. Either remove it or remove all the secrets in cells.

• Content Count:  539

Still one of my most favorite maps, and @Nimmy just re-balanced it not too long ago by removing and changing a lot of the secrets for Ts, so it isn't T sided in my opinion. And just because there's some not-so-good CTs that aren't giving great orders or they keep dying too soon doesn't mean that the map needs to be removed. I feel like a lot of these map removal requests that have been popping up come from someone having only one bad time on the map. The map shouldn't be removed just because one time you played on the map the CTs didn't know what to do and you weren't having a good time.

Just to put it out there, every time I have played on this map the CTs do fine (they win most of the rounds) and rounds usually reach the end where the Ts do !lr. Also during the time I have played on this map, most of the rounds are pretty active because there is a lot of activities to do on the map and there are orders that other maps do not have, making the map unique.

So I vote No, this map should not be removed because it's a great map with a ton of activities to do, plenty of ways to rebel, and it honestly just looks beautiful.

Edited by Insidious
Added a section

The reasons the cts win so so much and the !lr is reached is since all the ts rebel immediately and most of the time kill the majority of the cts. Then the other ts are confused on what to do and get free killed. And the surviving cts take long to open cells since in order to survive you have to be on the other island

There is only two cells you can get out of immediately, and it's not that hard to notice if a T leaves through those secrets because CTs can clearly see them and kill them. If one somehow successfully escapes the cells because the CT let his guard down, then check the back of cells; or if he makes it up the ladder, it's not hard to notice him run across the top of cells; and if he somehow makes it to the teleporter and survives running across the roof, then you should just turn your gun to the scout secret and kill him. Over the times that I played: One CT usually gives the orders to rally the Ts into one place and opens the cells, One CT camps on the drivable boat found behind armory, One CT camps in the CT watch tower on main island, One CT camps on the other island (usually around bank), and the rest of the CTs will probably be helping the first one enforce orders and watch for rebellers. I barely see Ts rebel immediately because the secrets in cells are so small that only one T is allowed to crouch walk out of them at a time, leaving him extremely vulnerable. I'm still not seeing any valid points to why this map should be removed.

Edited by Insidious

The reasons the cts win so so much and the !lr is reached is since all the ts rebel immediately and most of the time kill the majority of the cts.

According to this logic, would you not want jb_vipinthemix also removed? VIP Cell can be hopped out of in the back which you can get a deagle and go to pool to get a scout, one cell has a secret that teleports to armory, one cell has a grenade which can be used to open cells, plenty of gun spawns in numerous cells, etc. and that's only just when the Ts spawn. Let's not forget to mention the armory teleporter under big cage, AWP window in soccer, vending machine teleport which leads to a MAC-10 in kitchen, MAC-10 outside next to the vending machine, and the scout secret in LR room. Just because a map gives Ts options to rebel, doesn't mean it should be removed.

• Content Count:  1403

IMO this is my least favorite map because it is split entirely in half, the amount of teleporters and unnecessary secrets is terrible.

The feel of the map overall does not fit jailbreak at all.

• Content Count:  2001

All you need is somewhat competent CTs, arguably Razor/VIP have more teleports/guns laying around than Tropical. Also, I think CTs actually generally win most rounds.

• Like 1

All you need is somewhat competent CTs, arguably Razor/VIP have more teleports/guns laying around than Tropical. Also, I think CTs actually generally win most rounds.

But like not really though right? [ATTACH=CONFIG]16531[/ATTACH]

Very t sided

What about maps like razor and VIP u ask? [ATTACH=CONFIG]16532[/ATTACH]

As you can see cts win more on VIP and razor. My guess is since everything is close together and way to manage. @Insidious too

Edited by wickeD
Fixing since on mobile

• Content Count:  2001

But like not really though right? [ATTACH=CONFIG]16531[/ATTACH]

Very t sided

What about maps like razor and VIP u ask? [ATTACH=CONFIG]16532[/ATTACH]

As you can see cts win more on VIP and razor. My guess is since everything is close together and way to manage. @Insidious too

Literally almost every single map is T Side wins on gameME, so I don't know what you're trying to say. Also, tropical has less than half the time on the server than VIP and razor so the stats for tropical won't even out until the map has been played at the same level.

• Content Count:  4441

While I acknowledge the statistics behind your argument the truth is that CT's just aren't used to the map, compare its few days of playtime vs. the month of VIP/Razor and it's night/day. It's trying to use isolated statistics to prove a massive point in my opinion.

Not really the maps fault, more of just a people problem with kids trying to control people and making many mistakes. The server has a massive problem where CT's rarely win, I doubt that any of our maps often played have a CT winrate of higher than 40%.

I don't really think the map has an over abundance of secrets anyway.