? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [5-22-2017]

• Content Count:  701

A real good rare steak /s

Honestly, living an active / communicative life has made my life feel much happier. I think the worse period of my life was back in freshmen year of college when I sheltered myself away from people and slept 15-18 hours on off days from 3AM till like 9 PM ish. I'd get like 3 hours of sleep for class days. It came after a startling loss of someone which looking back at this time I could probably say was when I became depressed for a bit. I bounced back by getting off my ass and fixing my scheduling which gave me more energy to do what I needed to once more. I used to think too much and waste hours on "what ifs" and fears, but I haven't felt depressed or upset since giving myself the responsibility of actually completing things I need to do. Now I just face my tasks or enjoy the time I'm given with games or sports/working out (though I've been slacking again :().

Happiest though, maybe I wasn't lying. A good steak does it, or cheese I guess. Maybe food in general...

• Content Count:  1612

That's a loaded question. Situational, even. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give - pleasure, possessions, power - but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy.

I just count my blessings, and live life a day at a time.

• Content Count:  1401

Extremely loaded and philosophical: Recently I got so happy and sad during a conversation with an elderly. He found out he is terminally ill and he would die soon. But he is so much at peace with it. Its kinda beautiful how people finally embrace death and accept it.

But on a more casual note: a cold beer with some good music in the background always does the trick for me.

Edited by Suri

Reply to Thread