? servers

? players online

SM: Profanity Filter

• Content Count:  4960

If people get kicked automatically for saying a word that's not allowed, i'm in.

Otherwise they'd be able to say racist stuff without any remarks.

Or ban them for spamming..

• Content Count:  3401

This has been rejected as we believe if people really want to be racist, they will get around it. If someone is braking the rules then an admin can punish them or a player can submit a complaint, thank you for the suggestion though!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

This has been rejected as we believe if people really want to be racist, they will get around it. If someone is braking the rules then an admin can punish them or a player can submit a complaint, thank you for the suggestion though!

Yeah, and if someone wants to break into your house they'll break the lock on your door. Why do we have filters on names if this is the stance SG takes about things like this?

Another thing.

I'm super confused as to why you straight up Rejected something for AO's and BD's deal with.

Where in this list does it say anything about rejecting suggestions for a server you don't manage, in which the idea is legitimate, and allowing barely any rebuttle to your argument?

b930c71882b20ef143962bed51618d4b.png

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1050

I'm super confused as to why you straight up Rejected something for AO's and BD's deal with.

Where in this list does it say anything about rejecting suggestions for a server you don't manage, in which the idea is legitimate, and allowing barely any rebuttle to your argument?

We have meetings and we decided to reject it. Frosty is only transmitting the message and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  4441

We have meetings and we decided to reject it. Frosty is only transmitting the message and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think through proxy it's kind of silly to have a CA straight-up reject it especially with such a weak reason, it comes off so condescending & disrespectful to everyone on this post who spent the time to look for this & post their opinion in detail.

Past that.

What is the point in rejecting something like this?

If anything this helps shows intent, regulates something small, prevents flaming on the servers. What sets this apart from something like the URL plugin?

• Content Count:  1612

I wrote a post for this thread right after it was rejected. I deleted it because I felt like it would come off as insulting and offensive.

This plugin is so minor, but shows expecially high promise to deterring players from using certain words. Literally, instead of me typing a racial slur, it just politely warns me that it isn't tolerated. Simple, but effective. If you really wanted to, you COULD have it kicked repeated offenders in a certain time period.

Sure, everyone knows that if someone seriously wanted to be racist, they could bypass it. This applies to everything. A lock only keeps an honest man out.

As for admins, we have the capability to monitor chat, but sometimes we slip, and it would make for a more professional server if we filtered out the garbage. You think as a youtuber I want footage of someone dropping the N bomb in chat, followed by 5 people saying NO RACISM in all caps? Let the plugin reject the message to the public, and convince the player not to use racism.

I literally see no downside to this, and I highly suggest the AO+ reconsidering applying this to our servers. At the very least, giving it a test run.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  3401

CA+ have meetings and these sort of things get brought up, in this case this idea was rejected, I should add no one actually defended the idea either.

I'm sorry if I offended you if you thought I've overstepped my bounds and I also apologise for not going in more depth about why the idea was rejected.

Have a good day :)

Reply to Thread