? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Contest project

• Content Count:  11

Hello there,

Firstly I’ll introduce myself, I’m Raphi, mapper and co-leader of Rebel’s Corp (1st French Jailbreak), and I’m here to talk about a project I’d like to share with your community.

As a Jailbreak player, I know that our players love having new map in the maplist, I guess it’s the same here haha. The problem is that, it’s really long to get new GOOD maps, and an idea came to my mind :

Why not organizing a Jailbreak mapping contest ?

Na… I’m barely the only mapper on my server, even if we offer good prices we won’t have a lot of entrant…

Then I remembered that gamebanana was organizing good contest with lots of entrant, the solution was here : Sharing the contest with a maximum of community to have a bigger visibility and, obviously, more participant.

I’m sharing this idea with few servers and some are already motivated with this great idea !

The contest will work like that :

Let’s imagine we are 6 servers partipating to this contest, we will all be equal.

Every server will give (for exemple) 50 euros/dollars for the price pool (It’s only an exemple, I’m not here to ask money don’t worry haha), at the end of the contest, each server will judge maps (obviously, map NOT coming from mapper of his community) and each rate will count for 1/6 of the final rating.

Each map will have to put a banner containing every community name.

At the end, mappers are awarded of the pool price (donno how we should split it, this is not really important today).

For the moment, it’s only an idea, and if you like it, I invite you to add me on steam to speak more about this !

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009234051/

I hope we will meet again guys ;)

• Like 1

Oh my thread just got realized haha

I would add that 5-6 communities already contacted me, barely all well known jailbreak will be into it :)

Here is the list of communities that joined:

Rebel's Corp

Skynet gaming

Syndicate Gamers

Prestige Gaming

Tango World Wide

Thorax Gaming

CLWF

We started discussing about how the contest will work (thread, entrant, money ofc etc)

I made a discord with 1 leader from each community, so if you want join us, just add me on steam, we will be honored to see Steam gamers joining us !

I'll need an answer soon,

Website is over : http://mappingcontest.rebels-corp.net/index.php. I'll work on sponsorship now. I just need to be sure that every communities are still ok with the contest => Sharing the contest when it will start, judging maps, and giving 50$ to winners at the end, because we have to fix the cashprize & make final version of banners

• Content Count:  4441

Sounds like a really nice way for SG to Network itself and get a bunch of high quality community maps made from various servers. Wish this was getting more attention as I can speak for our prison break players when I say that new quality maps would be extremely appreciated by us all and our community has no shortage of mappers to participate. If you haven't already try contacting either @Caution or @SpikedRocker privately as anything having to do with using Steam-Gamers name & letting someone represent SG should go through them.

• Content Count:  1406

Edit: im an idiot. I love this idea. New jb maps would be killer! One of our own maps would be sweet. Iso can be "collies kennel", vip is "cautions office", disco can be "vinyls spin booth". Someone has to make this work

Edited by CollieFlower

• Content Count:  3401

This was discussed in the last CA meeting but nothing really came from it, I think it'll be a good idea personally looking at some of the other communities that joined!

• Like 1

I came on your teamspeak and someone gave me some people to add, but they all denied me :^_^:

Contest will start in 2 weeks, add me if you are interested, we run out of time ! :)

Well it's impossible to communicate, it takes 1 week to get a message approve here + nobody accepted on steam, I guess it will be without SG :/

Reply to Thread