? servers

? players online

TTT_SinkingShip_SG

• Content Count:  913

My God. Its finally, finally done and ready for you guys.

I've spent, god knows how long working on this map. 13 Hours of them today where the entire lighting build got messed up and I had to start that from scratch!

The idea for this map originated a long time ago, back in the CSS days when I tried to make the Titanic sinking. I used a door to sink it then, and for obvious reasons that didn't work so well -_-

Since then I've grown 3D wise, trying to make this map for the TTT Gmod community, and doing a dissertation in 3D on the Titanic sinking. This contest gave me the opportunity to make this map once and for all, and at a better skill level than I had before.

I wont lie, its not nearly complete. I wanted to use today to correct the problems with the water (Yes @frosty I've still not fixed that even though I decompiled your map!), and to detail the map up a lot, but the lighting problem messed that up. It does look a lot better lighting wise though now.

So without further ado:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925305200

http://imgur.com/a/FEM32

I'll look at improving it in the future, want to get that stupid water working, and their is for sure another deck or two that could be moddelled eventually! But for now, after 13 hours none stop today (I haven't even watched AoT yet!), this thing can finally be done with.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  3401

Very cool map, I like how the end is basically a Battle Royale game (PUBG)

Some suggestions -

Change the water texture TO CLEAR

make water damage slowly (add lifeboats to side of ships as well)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  913

Very cool map, I like how the end is basically a Battle Royale game (PUBG)

Some suggestions -

Change the water texture TO CLEAR

make water damage slowly (add lifeboats to side of ships as well)

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the map

Water - Yeah, i've been having that problem for a long, long while now! It is set to a clear texture, but it glitches out like that. I even decompiled your pool map, stuck that in there. Have had some suggestions its because I have water on two different Y levels, but I cant remove that as it messed with the visual effect of the rising water!

Damage - Yeah, this will for sure be coming into it. I had hoped enclosed spaces would do this for me, but its not working as hoped with the open area in the middle of the map.

Lifeboats - Side lifeboats are a possibility, providing they don't mess with the endgame as I really, really enjoyed seeing everyone have a truce to escape the ship, and then the Traitors light the whole thing up.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  526

One suggestion I have would be to perhaps remove some of the doors in the main hall that are not openable, or change them into doors that are more obvious to be non-openable. Another thing would be to change the water texture to nukewater_movingplane (not sure if that is the exact name) so it is see through and not as overpowered as it could be right now. Other than that great job. I liked it

• Like 1

• Content Count:  175

I have to commend u BD because I know making maps is not the easiest but the way you approached this is amazing and fascinating because this is one of the better maps i've played on TTT. The additive of the rising water was genius and adds a new dimension when playing and along with our T buddies you have to create new unseen strategies and I love something fresh like this. AMAZING WORK BDCOLL KEEP IT UP

• Like 1