? servers

? players online

Different color for sg regulars

• Content Count:  166

How about a shining golden color, cause we all know regulars are the most important in this community.

:kappa:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  539

I'd probably would consider like a gray or silver color but other than that idk if anyone else would be willing to change colors xd

I was gonna say that. TBH if there was a color change for Regs and Members, it would look cool if it changed to a silver or gray color. I think it would look nice :3

• Content Count:  5108

I had suggested this quite some time ago, which you can find by clicking here. I still would like for this to happen, however I agree with @SpikedRocker that the gray should not look too much like the normal forum text does or else it will kinda look bad. No idea why the screenshots aren't there, however I also thought we should bold the Regulars as well cause I still have the same thought process as I did when I had made the suggestion. Regulars have to achieve some sort of milestone to get to their rank, which is why I believe they should be bolded like the other ranks aside from Member. Since members only have to register an account on the forums to get their rank, I really see no reason to make them bold unlike the other ranks as it really doesn't take much imo.

• Content Count:  6242

Right now the way things are setup, when you join you become a moderated user, this helps us with spam and restricts some areas they can see, nothing too crazy but it helps us deal with griefers and trolls easier. After 10 posts, the moderated user becomes registered user. This is a vbulletin default usergroup which we cannot delete. So we put it to use. Once a person has been around for 30 days and makes 50 posts, they become a regular.

So the distinction between users colors is very small and really not that necessary as in the long run we view those users listed above as the same.

I don't think its a good thing for us to make different levels of regular. Kinda why we have the Honorable Gamer group. The reason I don't want to put different levels in is because the only methods of dictating this is either by post count or by time registered. I think we know what the post count would mean. And honestly if I were to do it, it would be by time registered and it would be pretty significant, meaning, you get your "promotion" at a year.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5108

I don't think its a good thing for us to make different levels of regular. Kinda why we have the Honorable Gamer group. The reason I don't want to put different levels in is because the only methods of dictating this is either by post count or by time registered. I think we know what the post count would mean. And honestly if I were to do it, it would be by time registered and it would be pretty significant, meaning, you get your "promotion" at a year.

I agree completely.

When we had established the Regular tiers a while back, most people really didn't care for it. The toothpaste color was awful, and like you said the only distinction was post count and time in the community. Restricting certain aspects on the forums for lower tiers of Regular really wasn't a good idea, everyone should have full access to the forums (aside from the obvious like rank specific subforums and moderator/admin capabilities) and what it has to offer.

• Content Count:  2668

For some people, the color of their name is an incentive. While regular does have an important rank within SG, there is no real line that separates a Member and a Regular. The only difference being that a Regular has invested time into the forums.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread