? servers

? players online

Autism Discrimination Rule

• Content Count:  422

I say it a good amount if I'm going to be honest with myself. I never mean it in a derogatory way to shame the person for having actual autism. I haven't ever had a problem with someone getting offended by it, but if the person were to get offended, I'd stop right away. I do think it'd be kinda harsh to ban the entire word from being said tho. If someone can call you a faggot or a retard in a non-derogatory way then I don't see why someone can't call you an autist. That's just opinion though. I respect you @Cyclopsgames for having a good heart though.

• Content Count:  4960

I have a mild case of Aspergers, and honestly, I don't care if people make jokes. Just don't overdo it or make it hateful.

Remain anonymous as much as you can PM27, giving them information like that is asking for people to try and push your buttons.

But if I hear or see anybody beeing extremely cancerous or insulting other players, I have no problem with banning them.

We should show respect towards another, and shouldn't try to enforce common sense onto our playerbase with small rule additions. Either you show respect to your fellow players and play along, or don't show respect and miss out on great times because you got yourself banned, doesn't matter what rank or age you have.

• Content Count:  1619

Remain anonymous as much as you can PM27, giving them information like that is asking for people to try and push your buttons.

But if I hear or see anybody beeing extremely cancerous or insulting other players, I have no problem with banning them.

We should show respect towards another, and shouldn't try to enforce common sense onto our playerbase with small rule additions. Either you show respect to your fellow players and play along, or don't show respect and miss out on great times because you got yourself banned, doesn't matter what rank or age you have.

No, hiding that shows I'm ashamed of it and I'm not. If people use that info to try to bully me off the servers, I have no issues filing a complaint against them.

The core of SG is good, the ones that would use that to be assholes are the ones that don't stay here long.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2206

I have a mild case of Aspergers, and honestly, I don't care if people make jokes. Just don't overdo it or make it hateful.

I agree with this. I think its mostly situational with this. Someone who occasionally says autistic in good fun towards another player is one thing but if you are in a server and someone is constantly calling a single person autistic for a bad play that they made or something along those lines it would fall under player disrespect. At the end of the day it is the internet and people will shit talk. What is offensive to you may not be offensive to others and vice versa. But you have to have some kind of leeway or you'll end up with no player base because everyone will be banned. No matter who you are you've disrespect a player, and have equally been disrespected. Maybe you don't call people autistic because you personally are offended by it but will call someone a retard and that will offend someone somewhere. It comes down to the situation and context in which it's used.

• Content Count:  4960

No, hiding that shows I'm ashamed of it and I'm not. If people use that info to try to bully me off the servers, I have no issues filing a complaint against them.

The core of SG is good, the ones that would use that to be assholes are the ones that don't stay here long.

Who says you should be ashamed? Just don't give people any reason to bully you. This is applicable to the internet, school, work,..

We are a community that shows little to no tolerance towards people who bully and that's something to be proud of :)

• Content Count:  1619

Who says you should be ashamed? Just don't give people any reason to bully you. This is applicable to the internet, school, work,..

We are a community that shows little to no tolerance towards people who bully and that's something to be proud of :)

Sorry, I worded that badly. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was accusing you. If anything happens, it'll be taken care of.

• Content Count:  1534

Generally if this is a one off statement by someone, you can ignore it... If they continue to bully another user then an admin should step in and give a warning to knock it off.

Reply to Thread