? servers

? players online

Prop surfing?

• Content Count:  120

1. On the prop surfing rules... is it saying we cant surf on objects or specifically props? can this be clarified? bc there on specific surfing spots on some maps. Why have these maps when you cant prevent this from happening by either removing the map or editing the map where you cant surf at all.

https://gyazo.com/4d9485354492401bf5dd7e4f69bf2527

2. The first part of the rule says we cant get on a props to jump to a higher place. Again does this refer to map objects or props... or even both? Again why have these spots in the game in the first place when they can be prevented.

3. This prop surfing rule have anything to do with skill jumps? I see admins, regular players, and new people doing this and no one says anything about em. The only time someone says somthing is when someone boosts via another player into or onto a glitch spot which gives them an unfair advantage.

http://plays.tv/video/5910cf03984650e393/boosting-spots

^^ first clip 2 clips of a unfair boost spot which requires two ppl and last clip shows me doing a skill jump.

I think there needs to be a rewording and review of this rule & plz fix the boost/glitch spot on Terminal

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

Not the maker of the rules, but when I think of prop surfing, I think of GMOD. I don't think I even know what prop surfing in CSGO refers to.

Also, AFAIK if you can get there normally (I.E. Jumping) there's no issue (unless its an area outside of the map or which gives you an unfair advantage like the old space ship exploit).

I wasn't 100% sure at first, but it seems like the ruling is that if you have to boost to get up somewhere, it is against the rules.

I have no idea what the prop surfing rule applies to in CSGO so you will have to wait for an AO or someone else who knows what that is referring to. Edit: as Euro said, it may just be an outdated rule.

Edited by Octa

• Content Count:  614

I don't think it needs to be clarified at all, it's fine the way it is. The rule mainly came into effect when we had the grabber mod as people were actually grabbing props and using it to boost themselves. Now that the mod is now gone, the rule does not apply to a lot of other things. In the clip they players should not have been able to boost each other onto that spot as that is an exploit. Make a complaint on them and a higher up will take care of it. With skill jumps there should be no reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

• Content Count:  120

For propsurfing, I'm sure this applied more to Gmod ttt (rip) or when there used to be a grabber on csgo ttt (rip)

Like he said if they are removed why are they still in the rules? It is confusing if your a nub like me and the rule should be replaced with a no exploiting rule or no boosting...etc. Then go into more detail about it. This is a necesary change to the rules because its not allowed on SG servers, but its not listed in the rules.

https://gyazo.com/53376c83698719d7b26b6ed4de89bf23

And i think TTT got the short end of the stick when it came to the in game !rules command. Its not detailed at all and it is lacking information.

Edited by Ugly God
memez

Reply to Thread