? servers

? players online

Remove this map from the server?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this map from the server?

ttt_community_pool_csgoport_v6 removal

• Content Count:  2103

I meant big deal as far as you making a complete removal request for it when

A. This is something that will rarely happen.

I havent had much time to play since the new version was added, and I've already seen it. You are correct that it may not happen a lot, but it will happen

B. The maps clearly are very different.

I don't find them to be different very much at all, as I already stated.

C. We've had this map on the server for a pretty long time & people seem to love the version you want to remove for various reasons.

D. The amount the new map is played will lessen as time passes.

These two points almost contradict each other IMO. You say one is popular because its been around and everyone likes it, but say the other will get less popular as times goes on? For one thing, the second part is just conjecture, and if, say, it is similar to the original and DOESN'T loose it's popularity, then that's where I see an issue.

State your opinion as you wish but expect to be criticized for it if in my opinion it's an over exaggeration.

I expected there to be some people disagreeing, but I see no reason to criticize me for something like this. I don't know why you would take that kind of attitude.

Anyway, it's really not enough to straight up remove the map, hence why I said that you're making a big deal out of something very minor.

I just don't get why we would keep two versions of the same map on the server. I more or less made this post to see if other people shared my opinion. I in no way made a big deal out of it. To me, I see no reason to keep the old map.

Edit: Ok, I'll just defuse this RN, I'm not looking for a fight or anything. Maybe I've just been hot headed or something lately because this seems to keep happening.

I didn't INTEND to make a big deal out of this with this post. I simply made it because I didn't enjoy playing this map 50% of the time I had to play last night, and if it was going to be a regular thing, it would remove some of my enjoyment on the server

• Like 1
Edited by Octa

• Content Count:  4441

I meant big deal as far as you making a complete removal request for it when

A. This is something that will rarely happen.

I havent had much time to play since the new version was added, and I've already seen it. You are correct that it may not happen a lot, but it will happen

B. The maps clearly are very different.

I don't find them to be different very much at all, as I already stated.

C. We've had this map on the server for a pretty long time & people seem to love the version you want to remove for various reasons.

D. The amount the new map is played will lessen as time passes.

These two points almost contradict each other IMO. You say one is popular because its been around and everyone likes it, but say the other will get less popular as times goes on? For one thing, the second part is just conjecture, and if, say, it is similar to the original and DOESN'T loose it's popularity, then that's where I see an issue.

State your opinion as you wish but expect to be criticized for it if in my opinion it's an over exaggeration.

I expected there to be some people disagreeing, but I see no reason to criticize me for something like this. I don't know why you would take that kind of attitude.

Anyway, it's really not enough to straight up remove the map, hence why I said that you're making a big deal out of something very minor.

I just don't get why we would keep two versions of the same map on the server. I more or less made this post to see if other people shared my opinion. I in no way made a big deal out of it. To me, I see no reason to keep the old map.

When you make a suggestion to remove a map you open yourself up to receive criticism for your idea.

I'm in no way giving you attitude, but explaining why I believe that you're making something out to be a big deal, not saying that you're not allowed to have an opinion. I honestly think you're reading way too far into my post and taking it way too personally. :larry:

I've already stated my opinion on this subject anyway, not trying to get into an argument with you over something that's obviously your opinion aswell- just didn't want you try to make it out like I'm being brash or unreasonable when I say you're making a big deal of something.

Didn't mean for my post to come off that way, I apologize if it did.

• Content Count:  3401

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steam-gamers.net%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fptvj5Cq.png

My main issue with this is that this whole area used to be WAY more open and larger. I also marked where a few of the guns spawns have been removed or changed with the red marker. The original map has this part way more open and you could see from one bathroom to the other. Also to mention, the kitchen part is COMPLETELY different with the setup of the counter and the tables out front.

The gun spots you mentioned have been moved slightly to the top of the desk, and also the other ones moved to the other side of the vending machines, I'm not sure why they're not their on the picture, but they are there on the server when I've played.

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steam-gamers.net%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FsRgZwzh.png

The pool room is significantly smaller and the water is WAY less deeper and it is not see through. There are also a few gun spawn changes in this room but I didn't have the chance to mark them out. Also, the back of the pool where the button is, looks completely different compared to the classic.

If the pool needs to made deeper, it can be made deeper. The gun spawns have just been moved on top of the benches, I probably only added two extra weapons to this area.

Your last point about the back area... I mean.. yeah? Compared to a blank wall, it now has a door and some props??

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steam-gamers.net%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGxSHtnr.png

It is MUCH harder to hide in the bathrooms because instead of the smaller showers, they are more open and more visible. The bathrooms seem to be more open-aired and it feels way too big. Also marked with the red, there is a gun spawn change.

Valid point. Again, there were no gun spawn changes here from what I remember, they might have just been moved around in the same room.

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steam-gamers.net%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FgO9FQ4r.png

The T room is COMPLETELY different and way bigger. The design and layout was changed tremendously. Also, Innocents have been getting in the T room and it seems that they can activate the T trap by clicking the button and RDM tons of people.

I really don't see the issue with the layout here.

Innocents have always been able to get into this room, the settings are identical to the original map, the door still kills anyone if they try and get in. The only way innocents are getting in is if traitors are not watching their surroundings or the traitors are letting people in. You are correct about the button, the traitor filter was removed as the only people meant to be in there are traitors.

Honestly I could go on and on about things that made the original made a great classic and a phenomenal map: The numerous cheesy spots you could get into, the simplicity of the map, the great props, etc. Hell, even the outside is completely different. On the classic you can hide in the trees and hide in the darkness, but on this new one there is just a few cars, some of which you can't even jump on. Honestly, if you put them side by side, this is NOT the same map. The new one is still totally different than the original. The classic is anything but an eyesore. Sure I will say that the new one looks more clean and the colors are more nice to look at, and I would say that it's a great map.; but I still believe that doesn't call for the classic to be removed.

I guess this map is a port from GMOD? I played the shit out of our old TTT server and don't remember it in the slightest, so maybe we just didn't have it? I don't get the argument of nostalgia in that regard. But idk maybe my memory is just bad..

I too do not remember it from GMOD, I assume we didn't have it. I think the nostalgia just comes from Global Offensive honestly.

Edited by frosty

• Content Count:  701

As much as I hate this map, I don't think it's worth removing at the moment. A lot of people, and I mean a fuck ton, love the original pool. I can see in the future maybe the removal of the original pool but that constantly returning to pool aspect was true before this 2nd version was added. It's entirely possible that we actually kill a part of the population by removing that map. Maybe it won't be that dramatic, but there's a reason why it gets vote so often. It's spacious, gives room for both Ts to get the kills and Innos to hide / fight back. The T traps aren't unreasonably broken and they're quite honestly hilarious at times. Makes for great roleplay scenarios. Long story short, as much as some of us hate it (and trust me, i fucking hate this map, no offense frosty) a large portion of people love it. I acknowledge why it's a good map but after that short debacle where the being unable to vote for recently played maps was broken, I lost all my enjoyment for this map. There was a period where it was literally clue, pool, clue, pool. Despite this, I'd still vote to keep it since it's revered by so many. As for why I added "at this moment" is because perhaps others will come to the same conclusion as you that the maps being rotated too much and it's far too similar. I could see in a few weeks people either loving the new version or hating the new version and choosing one or the other.

• Content Count:  4441

It would be cool if when one map was played the other one couldn't be played for X number of maps.

That way we could keep both and eliminate the problem of repetitively playing it. :larry: