ttt_community_pool_csgoport_v6 removal

• Content Count:  2103

Map Removal

Full map name

ttt_community_pool_csgoport_v6

Type of map

TTT

Why should we remove it

Put the new map on the server, but kept the old one on for some reason. Have now played this map three times in a little more than 2 hours (New one, 2 different maps, old one, different map, new one)

Maybe it won't come up that often, but I'm already annoyed that we have played this map so much today.

Edit: Maybe the new map is still in testing or something, but having both on the server being played this much causes redundancy

Edited by Octa

• Content Count:  539

I'm not sure if this map will be replacing ttt_community_pool_csgoport_v6 or if this map will just be added to the rotation with it, BUT I would like to see the original and this remake both in the rotation. This whole redo thing is kinda similar to jb_lego_jail_v8_final_sg_fix and jb_lego_jail_2k17 in Jailbreak (which both maps are still in the rotation). Lego Jail 2k17 is the same layout/same map as Lego Jail v8, but it is just new textures and updated deathgames. This relates to Community Pool in my opinion because the new 2017 version is the same layout but with updated textures and new looks. I would love to see the classic map stay because it's personally my favorite map (and has one of the highest playtimes on the server), and the new one also added so we can have a new and improved Community Pool to enjoy.

Gonna quote myself from the ttt_community_pool_2017_v1 request thread. The new Pool is a COMPLETELY different map. New textures, new size, rooms are different, guns are different, everything with the layout is completely different. As I have already said, this situation is EXTREMELY similar to the JB map Lego Jail. On the JB server, there is 2 different versions of that same map. The only difference is the color theme, some new layouts, and updated games to play such as Climb, Monopoly, and more. The new Lego Jail 2k17 to Lego Jail v8 is as Pool 2017 is to Pool_v6. In both of these instances, the new map is a complete retexture and remake of the map, and in both instances the maps should stay in the rotation. I haven't heard of any issues on JB with the Lego maps being too repetitive even if they are picked one after another in short amounts of time. Honestly, I still love the classic Pool map, and I will always enjoy that one more than the new one just because of the exact reason that it is CLASSIC. I don't see the need to remove the map just because the new one is a remake of the old one. They are barely similar other than having a homogeneous layout. I vote No. I think this map should stay.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3401

he new Pool is a COMPLETELY different map. New textures, new size, rooms are different, guns are different, everything with the layout is completely different.

I'm going to disagree with this statement, the map is the same - if you put them side by side it's clearly the same map and the only difference being is the rooms are slightly bigger as the map wasn't copied to size. The main difference is updated textures so it isn't an eyesore plus more detail to make the map feel more alive.

Gun spawns are 99% identical with a few minor changes and like five extras guns and some grenades.

I don't want to sound biased due to my involvement with the new map but the original idea behind it WAS to replace the original map. My only issue now with two maps being on rotation is what Octa said, it will happen where both maps are played back to back.

• Content Count:  614

I'm going to have to agree with Insidious on this one. The new map just doesn't feel right to me. I enjoyed the old map due to its simplistic design, and some cheeky little spots you could get to, such as the lamppost on spawn. With the new community pool, the outside layout is completely different, adding another basically huge ass room for people to camp(The spawn). The other hallways/bathrooms don't appeal to me as much as the old ones. The layout and feel of the new pool map, are just off. Certain fun aspects of the map are now gone, such as, in the new pool is now like ankle high, which kinda eliminates the pool t trap teleporter (was informed that this was swapped, however not completely sure). It also took away some fun aspects such as the whales that were once in the pool(not too important, but felt like I had to mention.) The classic pool map has the highest playtime on most peoples stats for a reason. It should stay.

• Content Count:  539

I'm going to disagree with this statement, the map is the same - if you put them side by side it's clearly the same map and the only difference being is the rooms are slightly bigger as the map wasn't copied to size. The main difference is updated textures so it isn't an eyesore plus more detail to make the map feel more alive.

Gun spawns are 99% identical with a few minor changes and like five extras guns and some grenades.

ptvj5Cq.png

My main issue with this is that this whole area used to be WAY more open and larger. I also marked where a few of the guns spawns have been removed or changed with the red marker. The original map has this part way more open and you could see from one bathroom to the other. Also to mention, the kitchen part is COMPLETELY different with the setup of the counter and the tables out front.

sRgZwzh.png

The pool room is significantly smaller and the water is WAY less deeper and it is not see through. There are also a few gun spawn changes in this room but I didn't have the chance to mark them out. Also, the back of the pool where the button is, looks completely different compared to the classic.

GxSHtnr.png

It is MUCH harder to hide in the bathrooms because instead of the smaller showers, they are more open and more visible. The bathrooms seem to be more open-aired and it feels way too big. Also marked with the red, there is a gun spawn change.

gO9FQ4r.png

The T room is COMPLETELY different and way bigger. The design and layout was changed tremendously. Also, Innocents have been getting in the T room and it seems that they can activate the T trap by clicking the button and RDM tons of people.

Honestly I could go on and on about things that made the original made a great classic and a phenomenal map: The numerous cheesy spots you could get into, the simplicity of the map, the great props, etc. Hell, even the outside is completely different. On the classic you can hide in the trees and hide in the darkness, but on this new one there is just a few cars, some of which you can't even jump on. Honestly, if you put them side by side, this is NOT the same map. The new one is still totally different than the original. The classic is anything but an eyesore. Sure I will say that the new one looks more clean and the colors are more nice to look at, and I would say that it's a great map.; but I still believe that doesn't call for the classic to be removed.

• Like 1
Edited by Insidious

• Content Count:  4441

Shouldn't be changed due to it not being as much of a revamp as it is a recreation, each map individually have their pros & cons. If enough people on the server want to play the old one to nominate it then vote it into an map change than I see no issue.

I honestly see this as making a big deal about something that will likely come up very rarely, beyond that you probably will stop seeing the revamped version as much the further you get from the release anyway.

• Content Count:  2103

Shouldn't be changed due to it not being as much of a revamp as it is a recreation, each map individually have their pros & cons. If enough people on the server want to play the old one to nominate it then vote it into an map change than I see no issue.

I honestly see this as making a big deal about something that will likely come up very rarely, beyond that you probably will stop seeing the revamped version as much the further you get from the release anyway.

I don't think stating my opinion=making a big deal about it. It's not like I was like "this is a huge problem that is server breaking and needs to be fixed asap". I simply said that it already annoyed me, and several of the players on the server at the time were like "wtf, we literally just played this map".

I can see the argument for the maps being generally different, but I can also argue that they are generally the same. Almost identical layout with some variation, same T room, traps, similar weapon spawns, with some upgrades like better textures and it doesn't give me a stupid frame drop because I don't have CSS installed or whatever reason. To me the biggest difference is that you can't break the flower pots in the pool room anymore, which is basically map breaking because I found the map boring to begin with and you took away my only source of entertainment :p

I guess this map is a port from GMOD? I played the shit out of our old TTT server and don't remember it in the slightest, so maybe we just didn't have it? I don't get the argument of nostalgia in that regard. But idk maybe my memory is just bad.

Either way I understand if the vote goes to not remove it. But if both maps keep getting played a lot, I imagine there would be others in the future that get sick of it as well.

• Content Count:  4441

I don't think stating my opinion=making a big deal about it. It's not like I was like "this is a huge problem that is server breaking and needs to be fixed asap". I simply said that it already annoyed me, and several of the players on the server at the time were like "wtf, we literally just played this map".

I can see the argument for the maps being generally different, but I can also argue that they are generally the same. Almost identical layout with some variation, same T room, traps, similar weapon spawns, with some upgrades like better textures and it doesn't give me a stupid frame drop because I don't have CSS installed or whatever reason. To me the biggest difference is that you can't break the flower pots in the pool room anymore, which is basically map breaking because I found the map boring to begin with and you took away my only source of entertainment :p

I guess this map is a port from GMOD? I played the shit out of our old TTT server and don't remember it in the slightest, so maybe we just didn't have it? I don't get the argument of nostalgia in that regard. But idk maybe my memory is just bad.

Either way I understand if the vote goes to not remove it. But if both maps keep getting played a lot, I imagine there would be others in the future that get sick of it as well.

I meant big deal as far as you making a complete removal request for it when

A. This is something that will rarely happen.

B. The maps clearly are very different.

C. We've had this map on the server for a pretty long time & people seem to love the version you want to remove for various reasons.

D. The amount the new map is played will lessen as time passes.

State your opinion as you wish but expect to be criticized for it if in my opinion it's an over exaggeration.

Anyway, it's really not enough to straight up remove the map, hence why I said that you're making a big deal out of something very minor.

• Like 1