? servers

? players online

Karma reset

• Content Count:  1193

Well in a way yes, but that really isn't the central point. When it comes to how often you wish to reset Karma you realistically choose between two things.

Using it as a tool to gauge peoples ability to play the gamemode.

vs.

Applying it as a tool to punish serial RDMers.

Keeping resets per month allows for that one dickhead who has totaled 2k karma to mass rdm and have the ability to get off scot-free.

Changing resets to per map and tweaking the plugin could prove to be a great way to deal with rdmers when admins are away.

If someone is actually making it to 2k karma monthly, it's only a matter of time before they get themselves banned and then permed if they continue.

Having karma reset every so often like we have it now (although every 2 or 3 months would be nice) gives players incentive to keep playing. Sure it's kinda like a competition but what's wrong with that? See who gets to higher karma the fastest.

As far as having it tweaked to reset every map change, that could be way to abusive for those who T bait a shit ton. For it to even make a difference every map change then it would have to be tweaked big time, making a couple of accidental RDMs hurt more than it should. I don't see this working.

• Content Count:  4441

If someone is actually making it to 2k karma monthly, it's only a matter of time before they get themselves banned and then permed if they continue.

Having karma reset every so often like we have it now (although every 2 or 3 months would be nice) gives players incentive to keep playing. Sure it's kinda like a competition but what's wrong with that? See who gets to higher karma the fastest.

As far as having it tweaked to reset every map change, that could be way to abusive for those who T bait a shit ton. For it to even make a difference every map change then it would have to be tweaked big time, making a couple of accidental RDMs hurt more than it should. I don't see this working.

I was just distinguishing the two sides for FLuiD cause he asked, not trying to argue. There is nothing wrong with a bit of competition (especially on CSGO) but when it starts changing people's attitude and causing them to play the game mode differently then I feel it becomes somewhat unhealthy.

My point of adding the feature was based off passed expirence with Gmod TTT where even today nearly every server has it implemented to your karma amounting for one map-then resetting. There is certainly no way someone would tank there karma far enough from T Baiters to end up getting themselves banned and even if they managed to move it a significant amount by the grace of god we can increase values for things like killing Innocents on Traitor side, Killing Traitors on Innocent side so that people legitimately playing the game mode aren't crucified for killing people who are T baiting.

The system realistically isn't made to catch players who are regulars trying to play but rather the one off troll that comes onto the server rage hacking or some mass rdming.

• Content Count:  1193

I was just distinguishing the two sides for FLuiD cause he asked, not trying to argue. There is nothing wrong with a bit of competition (especially on CSGO) but when it starts changing people's attitude and causing them to play the game mode differently then I feel it becomes somewhat unhealthy.

My point of adding the feature was based off passed expirence with Gmod TTT where even today nearly every server has it implemented to your karma amounting for one map-then resetting. There is certainly no way someone would tank there karma far enough from T Baiters to end up getting themselves banned and even if they managed to move it a significant amount by the grace of god we can increase values for things like killing Innocents on Traitor side, Killing Traitors on Innocent side so that people legitimately playing the game mode aren't crucified for killing people who are T baiting.

The system realistically isn't made to catch players who are regulars trying to play but rather the one off troll that comes onto the server rage hacking or some mass rdming.

I never mean't someone would get themself banned for killing T baiters. I'm saying having a damage reduction for a couple of incidents would be ridiculous because it does happen. But that's what it would take, since RDMers usually only get one maybe two RDMs per round (rarely more than that if that many) before they are KOS'd. Then they just start the process over the next map. By the time that's happened, someone usually makes a player complaint or gets an admin online.

Now if we did raise the values of playing correctly then what happens when the RDMer gets T side and kills a bunch of innos and just makes the karma back? At that point it's no help.

The only situation that would help is if someone jumped on with aimbot and got 3+ RDMs per round... In that case I'd be all for it but I don't see having it reset helping because there are trolls who will figure out how to abuse it.

There's also nothing wrong with a little competition. Yea, people do play a bit differently but I don't see how it's unhealthy in anyway. It encourages them to slow down with the RDMs by thinking before they fire.

I'm not trying to argue with you, just pointing out issues with it that are possible.

• Content Count:  2844

We don't have the karma plugin on the server to punish rdmers, since that's a job for the admins. the plugin can't really tell if someone killed someone for t-baiting or if the traitor got rdmed. Since TTT is very situational the karma plugin is there to reward regular players for playing correctly and make it harder for those who just join to ruin the game for others. We are not going to move to the karma resetting every map, since the current system gives some competitive edge to the game mode that the cs:go community loves and also gives the players the incentive to play properly.

Now the original idea was to reset the karma every two months or so to keep things fresh. Don't really know why it's been so long, but after the next reset on May 14th we are going to continue resetting the karma every 2 months like we originally planned. If you would like to have a more frequent resets on the karma then by all means post here your argument on why it should be so.

• Like 3
Edited by Mad Dogg

• Content Count:  418

We don't have the karma plugin on the server to punish rdmers, since that's a job for the admins. the plugin can't really tell if someone killed someone for t-baiting or if the traitor got rdmed. Since TTT is very situational the karma plugin is there to reward regular players for playing correctly and make it harder for those who just join to ruin the game for others. We are not going to move to the karma resetting every map, since the current system gives some competitive edge to the game mode that the cs:go community loves and also gives the players the incentive to play properly.

Now the original idea was to reset the karma every two months or so to keep things fresh. Don't really know why it's been so long, but after the next reset on May 14th we are going to continue resetting the karma every 2 months like we originally planned. If you would like to have a more frequent resets on the karma then by all means post here your argument on why it should be so.

And this won't affect our points on the stats page, correct?

Reply to Thread