? servers

? players online

Karma reset

• Content Count:  1083

So someone told me that at the end of the map making contest karma is going to be reset. I have two questions:

1) Is this true?

2) IF this is true, can we PLEASE hold a community vote because I know many people (including me) who do not want a karma reset. What's the reasoning behind a reset? There's no downside to a vote, it could only help so pleaseeeeee hold one

Edited by FLuiD

• Content Count:  4441

I still think Karma has made people play way too competitively and has completely lost its original purpose it first had in Garry's Mod.

Should get reset every map. :bird:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  701

I still think Karma has made people play way too competitively and has completely lost its original purpose it first had in Garry's Mod.

Should get reset every map. :bird:

I was pretty indifferent about it at first, but I'm pretty inclined to agree now. It's all about the kill counts, raising that karma, and not losing it. People get mad at killing t-baiters because they lose karma. It's not really the same as when I first started playing, back when it was just who was T, killing those who tried to kill you, and getting away with murder. Idk about reset everymap tho xd.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2668

I was pretty indifferent about it at first, but I'm pretty inclined to agree now. It's all about the kill counts, raising that karma, and not losing it. People get mad at killing t-baiters because they lose karma. It's not really the same as when I first started playing, back when it was just who was T, killing those who tried to kill you, and getting away with murder. Idk about reset everymap tho xd.

Every map is how it works in the original TTT. Not a a bad idea imo because some maps are designed so that accidental killing is fun mistakes, and the system we have now eliminates that because no one wants to be punished for a long period of time.

Just food for thought before I pass out for a few hours because I see both points here.

Does our TTT playerbase need/want competitiveness or rule enforcement more?

Our current system is far more about being competitive and doesn't do much for preventing RDM.

The system we had on Gmod TTT was far more for RDM prevention but always gave you incentive to play well (punch o meter, damage on guns) and disincentive in damage reductions and being banned/kicked for short periods. It seemed like that system always managed to give people just enough room to screw around without getting banned and it was honestly helpful.

CS:GO has such a different dynamic and playerbase that maybe keeping week+ resets is best for keeping players happy.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  330

I do think that having the karma build up and having ranks for rdm/traitor kills/detective kills/karma do cause some slight problems. Some people want to be number 1 in rdms and will kill randomly or anyone that is just shooting in any direction and claim "T baiting". I think TTT should be about the roleplay of traitors and innocents, but the CS:GO community is much more competitive and rping just wont work out. But yes i think karma resets should be weekly and the max karma should be lowered slightly to accommodate that

• Like 1

just to clarify, is the argument here that karma makes it competitive? I'm not really understanding the problem??

Well in a way yes, but that really isn't the central point. When it comes to how often you wish to reset Karma you realistically choose between two things.

Using it as a tool to gauge peoples ability to play the gamemode.

vs.

Applying it as a tool to punish serial RDMers.

Keeping resets per month allows for that one dickhead who has totaled 2k karma to mass rdm and have the ability to get off scot-free.

Changing resets to per map and tweaking the plugin could prove to be a great way to deal with rdmers when admins are away.

Reply to Thread