? servers

? players online

[MG] Monthly Course Event - May

• Content Count:  1421

logo.png

Hello everyone! With MG on the rise in popularity once again, Wawa and I are bringing you all a monthly event to heat things up even more! At the beginning of every month, we will temporarily remove the times from a course map of the community's choosing. At the end of the month, the people with the top 3 times on that map will receive a special forum award.

The first map will be mg_100traps_v4_1

Please don't harass players on the server to vote for the monthly map, show some respect!

The event will start on May 1st, and end on May 31st.

Good Luck Everyone!

GZCv3sD.png

Just saying, I don't understand this whole elephant thing. I'm just doing what all the cool kids do.

• Like 5
Edited by Wawa
times will be moved, not wiped

• Content Count:  3740

Here's what the actual forum awards look like:

FnFN3VN.png

Also, Nimmy and I are serious about the harassing players statement. We know there will be a more-than-normal interest for the chosen course map, but that interest is not mutual with all players. The best time to play is when server population is low or near-empty, so we expect to see (hopefully) plenty of late night course runs.

Admins, we also ask that you please do not drub the server with course map votes. Again, it's fine when there's very low server population late at night, but the majority of players at any other time generally do not want to play course maps. Even though this is a matter of personal achievement, we still need to make sure the entire server is having fun and keep the general interest of all players at heart.

Thank you :bird:

• Like 2
Edited by Wawa

Thanks to the work of @Liam Brown, all times prior to the monthly course event on each course map WILL NOT be deleted, but instead moved. At the end of the month, the times prior will be moved back to the map and the new times will be deleted instead. This way, no one will have their times deleted due to the event!

The top times will be announced on the forums before deletion at the end of the month. So even after their off the server, at least they will be recorded on the forums.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1396

Can we get mp_ignore_round_win_conditions set to 1 on 100 traps since most people(including me) in under 40 minutes(totally not triggered because the round just reset and made me not get a time qq)

• Like 2

Can we get mp_ignore_round_win_conditions set to 1 on 100 traps since most people(including me) in under 40 minutes(totally not triggered because the round just reset and made me not get a time qq)

Done.

• Content Count:  266

What is it with everybody and 100traps on these events, should've kicked it off with a proper map but I'm still tempted to reinstall csgo for that.

Taking bribes to change my name and give you an easy #1

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1109

What is it with everybody and 100traps on these events, should've kicked it off with a proper map but I'm still tempted to reinstall csgo for that.

Taking bribes to change my name and give you an easy #1

I'd say 100traps is the quintessential "I don't like course maps but this one is okay" map (rip bob2) so it's only fitting that they start with it.

Anyway, with this is there a possibility of the broken traps being fixed (I believe it was all visual, like not being able to see the fans spinning) or is that just a CSGO issue?

Reply to Thread