? servers

? players online

King of the Arcade Award

• Content Count:  3998

Can someone inform me on whether or not this could be brought back? Unless it was removed for a good reason.

I believe it broke after the 2012 hack, along with a few other forum features. Either that, or it was on an older version of vBulletin, but either way, I don't think its something that can be brought back. As for the idea itself, I see three counterarguments:

1) As @Mr.Trololo said, the leader scores would constantly be changing, with new scores being reached and new games being added, causing the award to float around a lot.

2) What @Post said, as I'm sure there are some inconsistencies like that in games.

3) Almost every other award is created and given out for things that actively contribute to the community, as a form of thanks/reward (server playtime, money donated, referrals, etc.), where this one would be given out simply for using a feature of the forums, which is solely for fun. This is the main reason why I would say to leave the Arcade leader board and statistics to the Arcade page, and save new awards mainly for things which directly contribute to the community.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread