? servers

? players online

Re-adding Minecraft server

• Content Count:  133

Now i am aware that there was a past mine-craft server for SG, but i think that many people would enjoy it being brought back. Of course there would have to be common players, so reply if you would like to see this happen again. I'd really enjoy seeing a server brought together with this community as i have not played mine-craft in years, so hopefully this can pull through.

• Content Count:  614

Now i am aware that there was a past mine-craft server for SG, but i think that many people would enjoy it being brought back. Of course there would have to be common players, so reply if you would like to see this happen again. I'd really enjoy seeing a server brought together with this community as i have not played mine-craft in years, so hopefully this can pull through.

We tried to see if the community wanted to bring back a minecraft server, and at first the there was lots of support. @Post and @Mad Dogg managed the makeshift server and it lasted a decent 1-2 months. As time went on the server just died and that was basically the end of it.

• Content Count:  1719

We killed the last MC server around 2 or 3 months ago. If we start a new one now I don't recon it's gonna last more than a week. There really just isn't enough interest in the community. On the server that I and @Mad Dogg ran we had a full server every night for the first couple of weeks, but it quickly died of as more and more players reached fully decked out diamond shit, and people got tired of running around doing nothing. All in all, I don't think this would be a good time to launch a new MC server, being that we just shut down the last one, and I don't think there would be much interest.

• Like 2
Edited by Post

• Content Count:  2103

The only time we were really able to keep an MC server up and going was when we had multiple powerful factions more or less RPing, doing regular raids and such. But even that eventually died. We have had a number of iterations of MC servers, and none of them could keep up much of a population, being that it seems to be more of a "fad" for SG than anything else.

• Content Count:  2668

The only time we were really able to keep an MC server up and going was when we had multiple powerful factions more or less RPing, doing regular raids and such. But even that eventually died. We have had a number of iterations of MC servers, and none of them could keep up much of a population, being that it seems to be more of a "fad" for SG than anything else.

I remember looking over the Red Army roster and seeing 20 or so names just in that faction, and all but 1 or 2 were active players. An equal population was dispersed among smaller factions and lone wolfs. It's been years since SG could maintain this. I agree with it being more of a "fad" than anything. Many of the players who main the success of the factions server have moved on. While I would love a minecraft server again, no one would put the effort into it like previous attempts because it will likely shut down within a few months.

• Content Count:  4441

It will only work until our players get bored a few weeks in.

The likelihood of making an actual populated Minecraft server minus the SG playerbase is slim to none with who we currently have at SG.

Reply to Thread