? servers

? players online

Rules on TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  11501

Once again, as a reminder, ALL normal rules here on the forums also apply to TeamSpeak. These rules are:

• You are only allowed one forum account.
  • You may not log onto another user’s forum account.
  • Do not post personal information about yourself or others. We intend to protect the real-world identity and privacy of those who wish to maintain online anonymity.
  • Discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. No posting any material that violates the law, including (but not limiting to) copyright infringement / torrents.
  • We will not tolerate disrespect, harassment, or excessive trolling.
  • All posts must be written in English.
  • We do not allow posts or images that are overly sexual, gory, or disgusting.
  • No advertising or links to advertising is permitted. This includes signatures, user titles, and images.
  • Do not spam posts. Keep your posts on-topic and constructive.
  • Do not abuse the report feature on posts or private messages. Post/PM reporters must provide a clear reason why the reported content breaks the rules.
  • Ignorance of these guidelines is not an acceptable excuse for violations.
  • The Board of Directors have the final say in any and all circumstances pertaining to SG.

Using common sense, applicable rules to TeamSpeak from this list would be:

• Do not post personal information about yourself or others. We intend to protect the real-world identity and privacy of those who wish to maintain online anonymity.
  • Discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. No posting any material that violates the law, including (but not limiting to) copyright infringement / torrents.
  • We will not tolerate disrespect, harassment, or excessive trolling.
  • We do not allow posts or images that are overly sexual, gory, or disgusting.
  • No advertising or links to advertising is permitted. This includes signatures, user titles, and images.
  • Ignorance of these guidelines is not an acceptable excuse for violations.
  • The Board of Directors have the final say in any and all circumstances pertaining to SG.

In the past few days, I have gotten multiple complaints in regards to harassment, sexual images, gory images, and racism. I have also seen some of these first hand. This shit needs to stop. The Board and I are pretty tired of having to deal with these complaints and spend time having to punish people for posting / saying dumb shit.

I am one of the most laid back people when it comes to shit like this. While I can't speak for other BD's, AO's, or CA's, I usually won't start investigating private channels to find out who dropped an 'N' bomb. Those of you who actually know me know that I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to TS. There's not a lot (if anything) that disgusts / offends me, but at some point in time the managers of this community need to step in and act like managers. Some of you have taken this kindness and pushed that limit to the point where we have to start issuing bans and other punishments. Those of you who were in the channel with me when you guys started posting those images and videos are extremely lucky that I was in the channel to tell you to stop. It was reported by someone, and I am 100% positive that those people involved would have caught teamspeak bans, strikes, and possibly demotions had you been alone and allowed to continue.

The Board of Directors have the final say in any and all circumstances pertaining to SG.

Before you start posting shit that's questionable, please remember what I just quoted ^^^ here. If you're consistently acting like an idiot, we will not hesitate to ban you for being an overall nuisance to us - meaning we have to take time out of our day on a regular basis to discuss whether or not your actions deserve punishment. Being 'babysitters' comes with the job title - we understand...however, having to bring up recurring people with recurring issues is not only tedious, but also extremely obnoxious.

Honestly, I don't care what goes on in private channels - meaning that if you guys want to create a channel, password protect it, and drop 'N' bombs or share gory pictures, I really don't care. If it's out of my sight, then it's out of my mind. I'm not going to come busting into private channels looking for shit. But when someone reports it, you do it in a public channel, etc., you are forcing me to take some sort of action. I am not condoning anyone to break any rules; I am saying that if you choose to do so, you need to be extremely careful who you do it around.

As far as harassment goes - if you have a problem with somebody harassing you on TS, the forums, servers, wherever...grow a pair and use your own conflict resolution to try and solve that shit. Tell the person to stop being a dick. If they keep doing it, report it. If it's a CA doing it, report it to an AO. If it's an AO doing it, report it to a BD. If it's a BD doing it, report it to me. If I'm doing it, then you're shit out of luck.

In all seriousness, we all want to be treated like adults, right? So strap on the big boy pants and tell someone if they're bothering you. There are very, very, VERY few circumstances where I will entertain a harassment complaint where the person hasn't even tried to resolve the conflict themselves. People aren't always going to like you - whether it's a reg, SA, CA, etc. Some people are going to talk shit or try to cause drama. While I'm not saying you deserved to be harassed in any way, shape, or form here at SG, it's a fact of life that someone is probably going to be a dick to you at some point.

At this point, we are going to start issuing bans for people doing dumb shit, especially in a public channel. If there are any questions concerning this, please send me a PM.

• Like 30

Reply to Thread