? servers

? players online

TTT Mapping Contest Rules/Discussion Thread

• Content Count:  3401

Who are the judges of the contest?

How exactly are things going to be judged? Just give a number of points you think it's worth? xd

What forum award do we get?

I assume the Mapper award and the contest winner award.

Judgments:

Each map will be individually tested by our higher up team and will be broken down into these categories

1. Gameplay – max 100 Points

2. Visuals – max 80 Points Technical Editor Part max 80 Points

3. Performance – max 60 points

4. Creativity – max 70 points

5. New or inexperienced mappers will get 75 bonus points.

• Content Count:  1468

@frosty

The thing I meant with the judging thing is that, are they just gunna say like "yeah this feels nice to play 90 points" or are they actually going to break it down into more things. Just having "Gameplay" could mean a lot of things.

-----------------

What's it like for traitors on the map? Lots of ways to sneakily do shit and escape?

Is there a lot of guns around the map so you're not stuck with waiting for someone to die?

Do innocents have a good chance at being seen if they die, but at the same time are there are number of areas where traitors can lure and discretely kill people? There are lots of things that gameplay could MEAN, it's quite vague when you think about it. I won't go about the other topics as you can see my point here, but I'd like for it to be broken down more.

Also, just reading this now, 5 is a bit bollocks isn't it? 75 points for new mappers? See the problem I have with that is that's almost 1/5th of the total points for being new. Now how is that judged exactly? I know how SDK works and how to make entities and shit work together, but I have no fucking clue where to start with creating a map from scratch, and am therefore new? I'd assume maybe time spent in SDK

"2. Visuals – max 80 Points Technical Editor Part max 80 Points" I also don't get why this line seems so fucked to me. Is it supposed to be 2 separate points but you didn't realise the mistake? What does "Technical Editor Part" even mean? xd

I'd just like if a description of atleast how things would be judged in more-depth would be released cause it seems so vague currently. However, I'm glad finally a mapping contest is being made.

• Content Count:  2947

@frosty

The thing I meant with the judging thing is that, are they just gunna say like "yeah this feels nice to play 90 points" or are they actually going to break it down into more things. Just having "Gameplay" could mean a lot of things.

-----------------

What's it like for traitors on the map? Lots of ways to sneakily do shit and escape?

Is there a lot of guns around the map so you're not stuck with waiting for someone to die?

Do innocents have a good chance at being seen if they die, but at the same time are there are number of areas where traitors can lure and discretely kill people? There are lots of things that gameplay could MEAN, it's quite vague when you think about it. I won't go about the other topics as you can see my point here, but I'd like for it to be broken down more.

Also, just reading this now, 5 is a bit bollocks isn't it? 75 points for new mappers? See the problem I have with that is that's almost 1/5th of the total points for being new. Now how is that judged exactly? I know how SDK works and how to make entities and shit work together, but I have no fucking clue where to start with creating a map from scratch, and am therefore new? I'd assume maybe time spent in SDK

"2. Visuals – max 80 Points Technical Editor Part max 80 Points" I also don't get why this line seems so fucked to me. Is it supposed to be 2 separate points but you didn't realise the mistake? What does "Technical Editor Part" even mean? xd

I'd just like if a description of at least how things would be judged in more-depth would be released cause it seems so vague currently. However, I'm glad finally a mapping contest is being made.

My mistake I meant to delete the Technical Editor Part, so I have removed that. Secondly, newer mappers/inexperienced mappers will get some sort of bonus, but definitely not 75 points worth, I will edit that as well, and that will be judged on case-by-case basis (I may remove this entirely).

• Content Count:  2947

How prominently do you need to showcase the contest banner in the map? I'm worried it would mess with the aesthetic that I'm going for.

I mean preferably have it somewhere obvious but a possible idea is what you did with the shrek pop up but have it outside the map. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  913

Question Time

1) Whats the 3 most popular TTT weapons

2) Whats the 3 least popular weapons

3) How long does a round last/pre-round/after-round?

4) Will we get time to test the maps on a live server beforehand?

Reply to Thread