jb_waterside_v5_1 removal

• Content Count:  5674

Map Removal

Full map name

jb_waterside_v5_1

Type of map

Jail Break

Why should we remove it

I'm going to start this off with something that another player said while we were on the map (I believe it was Rabbit), this map is not fun unless you're playing the games constantly. With our server, it's a lot of just "Go to this place and stay there".

This is a pretty small map to be honest, but let's run by the games, feel free to say any different opinions on these, a little group went by each game and I put my opinions here:

-
Catapult
-
2 second game, doesn't take up any time in the round and it's pretty boring getting launched up then back down again. It's also very easy and gets repetitive.

-
Freeze Jump
-
We couldn't figure out the concept what so ever, the "Start" button gets pressed and everybody on the platform gets frozen, couldn't figure out what to do.

-
Frogger
-
It's an okay game, but if I remember correctly from the little test, the teleport wouldn't get someone out who hadn't completed the game. This can also be turned into a death-game with the lava button.

-
Kong
-
Another alright game but again like Catapult very quick + easy and repetitive.

-
Race
-
Fine activity

-
Skipping
-
Death-game AKA a game most people wouldn't play and CTs need an alternative which would most likely be Soccer which is right behind it, that leads to the next game.

-
Soccer
-
The one game on this list that isn't new to anyone, fine activity that would probably be extremely over-used as a lot of these other games will be ignored.

-
Nigel
-
We had no idea what these was to "play" here, all we found out was that you get a sign above your head that says "Nigel" after you go on to the platform, that's it, didn't seem like there was any game.

Again, I could be wrong and maybe the group we had on just couldn't find out who to properly play something like Nigel, but it seemed like they just weren't functional.

The only other thing is Medic. So this map basically breaks down to main cell area, medic, race, and soccer as I can guarantee the others will be ignored.

The other thing I can mention which was already mentioned in the request for this map
here
is the broken zipline.

TLDR - This map is too small and a lot of the games are barely worth the space they take up.

Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  1403

It isn't "Popular" but it does get played enough to the point where I would keep it on rotation.

The points dominic made are clearly true but when the map is played it doesn't seem to get rtved, I'd keep it.

Plenty of secrets as well to the point where it's not like spy vs spy where the CTs can camp the vents.

- Easy to rebel

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  5674

It isn't "Popular" but it does get played enough to the point where I would keep it on rotation.

If a map isn't popular there is zero reason to keep it on rotation, we aren't in dire need for Jailbreak maps.

The points dominic made are clearly true but when the map is played it doesn't seem to get rtved, I'd keep it.

A map not getting RTV'd doesn't necessarily mean the map is good what so ever. Most of this post is about the stupid games anyway, but most of the time when playing this map it's "get to my marker" or "go to this location and freeze". That isn't saying it doesn't happen on other maps, but it's much more frequent here.

Plenty of secrets as well to the point where it's not like spy vs spy where the CTs can camp the vents.

Is there even any vents? And if so, why can't a CT camp them?

- Easy to rebel

It being easy to rebel doesn't fix the problem of half the activities being boring as hell and most of the round is Ts being told to go to specific locations.

In my opinion, every other aspect of this map can be perfect but it being boring as hell and small is good enough reason to take it down. Again, we don't necessarily need Jailbreak maps (not saying it's not good to get new ones) so it being semi-popular shouldn't be an argument to keep it.

All my opinions, if there is a lot of players who like it then I'm fine with keeping it but this poll has barely moved since I made the thread.

• Content Count:  2001

Given this poll didn't much attention I will keep the map on the server.

Edit: After testing it again this map is 90% broken. Most of the games don't work or are super confusing to understand.

• Like 2
Edited by Jake