? servers

? players online

TTT Suggestion....

• Content Count:  120

I have been playing TTT forever and gotta say this is my favorite server! I wanna help keep it that way too! I wanted to suggest a system that automatically kicks people that are RDMing.{maybe auto kicks after a certain amount of rdms during a certain time period}. I play on the server a lot because I only have 2 classes a day so I see a lot of the madness that goes on when there are no admins. I know an admin can't always be on so maybe a system like this could work? I tried recording demos ,but the upload time takes ages and its a lengthy procces for yall to sort through all the reports. Hope this can help!

Cereally,

Ugly God aka Jack

EDIT: This system can potentially be a problem... bc people do rdm on accident... maybe alittle tweaking on the RDMS per Period can be tweaked???

Note: I know there is a punishment for having low karma. Which is the damage reduction... this is great but I see ppl at 400 karma still playing and rdming. I think it dosnt deter most rdmers

Edited by Ugly God

• Content Count:  202

I think with carefully set criteria for a kick, an automated system could work. From what I understand, admins are able to see "bad actions" in the logs. Those bad actions are generated from the server itself, which means it already knows how to differentiate a normal kill from an RDM. Knowing that, it seems like telling the server to kick after a specified number of bad actions from a client should definitely be possible.

I would say this is worth a shot, but if implemented should be introduced slowly. What I mean is, this system should first be put into place solely to catch mass RDM when admins are not online. A way to do this would be to have the server monitor how many bad actions are done from a single client during a single round, then resetting it's count every new round. The number of bad actions could be something like 3 or 4; fewer then that could potentially kick someone for a simple misunderstanding, while having a higher count might not catch a mass RDMer in time (since often times someone is able to kill a mass RDMer during the round).

Hope what I said makes sense. I definitely support this idea if done right, and it seems pretty easy to implement and test under controlled circumstances.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  301

I have been playing TTT forever and gotta say this is my favorite server! I wanna help keep it that way too! I wanted to suggest a system that automatically kicks people that are RDMing.{maybe auto kicks after a certain amount of rdms during a certain time period}. I play on the server a lot because I only have 2 classes a day so I see a lot of the madness that goes on when there are no admins. I know an admin can't always be on so maybe a system like this could work? I tried recording demos ,but the upload time takes ages and its a lengthy procces for yall to sort through all the reports. Hope this can help!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6034491829

translated

1.77 MB/s download

86 KB/s upload

You can't complain :(

Anyways, is someone going to "accidentally" rdm enough times in a short enough span of time for this to affect them? The only real problem would be a group of people purposely baiting one person to try and get that player kicked

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1050

We've had this suggested multiple times in the past, the problem here is that pretty much everything is situational in TTT.

If you aren't able to upload demos you can add me / other admins on steam or you can ask for an admin in the shout box on the forums. There should be someone that is able to hop on the server and take care of the rulebreakers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  120

Ok thanks man! Im trying to figure out why the demos are taking forever to upload.. :/ I got 5tb of unused space and thought is could be used for demos. My internet is great.. so idk d problem..Ill try to call for admins next time then.

TY For yo time!!

• Content Count:  101

Yeah of course it's situational but no one in a situation is going to be rdming over 5 people in a single round, unless they go far more stupid than I or they are just trolls.

Edited by Zombee

• Content Count:  788

I think with carefully set criteria for a kick, an automated system could work. From what I understand, admins are able to see "bad actions" in the logs. Those bad actions are generated from the server itself, which means it already knows how to differentiate a normal kill from an RDM. Knowing that, it seems like telling the server to kick after a specified number of bad actions from a client should definitely be possible.

I would say this is worth a shot, but if implemented should be introduced slowly. What I mean is, this system should first be put into place solely to catch mass RDM when admins are not online. A way to do this would be to have the server monitor how many bad actions are done from a single client during a single round, then resetting it's count every new round. The number of bad actions could be something like 3 or 4; fewer then that could potentially kick someone for a simple misunderstanding, while having a higher count might not catch a mass RDMer in time (since often times someone is able to kill a mass RDMer during the round).

Hope what I said makes sense. I definitely support this idea if done right, and it seems pretty easy to implement and test under controlled circumstances.

Honestly I like this idea, often times when I come on the server I hear that a player has been rdming the round before or for a couple rounds before hand. I think what Ham is trying to say here is that if you somehow get 3 RDMs or 4 RDMs in a single round, the console would kick you. Because honestly, the chances of you RDMing 3 to 4 people in a single round on accident are highly slim, and you should be punished anyways. I feel like a console kick on mass RDM such as 3 or 4 in a round would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread