? servers

? players online

Bring Back The Casual Server! (with 24/7 Dust2)

• Content Count:  3740

Hello Steam-Gamers,

Just to get everyone who reads this up to speed, SG used to have a CS:GO Casual Server that ran Dust 2 24/7. It turned out to be a very successful server, in that it spawned its own unique community of loyal gamers who would frequent the server on a daily basis (a guy named Magic even had 30 days I think of activity in the server). This all changed after a newly promoted AO (aka me) decided to take over the managerial duties of the server and tailor changes to the desires of its most frequent players in an effort to evolve the server beyond playing Dust 2 24/7.

Ultimately, the expansion failed because the server performance at the time was not able to sustain the population on maps that were different from Dust 2, and the Casual Server was transformed into a FFA Deathmatch server that played Dust 2 24/7 and initially was a ghost town of a server too. However, the FFA server gained consistent popularity within the past month due to the relatively recent server move from a VPS to a physical Dedi. I believe that this move is what caused FFA to be and continue to be so popular, and would have helped the Casual Server remain popular if it still existed today due to the performance standards that players expect when playing on a community casual server versus a Valve server.

That's why I'm asking the current SG Higher Management to please bring back the CS:GO Casual Server with 24/7 Dust 2 (scrap 1v1 and turn it into the Casual Server in my opinion). With the hardware performance to now support it, it will make the server successful in the long run as old casuals return and new ones discover it and stick around because of the community and the server performance. 1v1 will never have its own unique community, turn it into the Casual Server again so that SG has a chance to have its own casual community once again.

• Like 12
Edited by Wawa

• Content Count:  5375

Totally agree with this.

Casual was a unique server for this community as it (IMO) offered a contrast from the craziness of servers like JB and TTT and pulled in a lot of fun, chill, mature, and dedicated players that would have otherwise never heard of SG. I believe if we resurrected this server it could see sustained activity once more (before a rotation and other things were added it was actually very populated) as well as pull in players that are uninterested in game modes like the aforementioned ones, and, bring more diversity to the community.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

I loved the Casual server like it was my son. Plus we had a pretty good community in the server as well. They would always fill it up. Some of them even got on the forums to meet new people.

If it was like it was before (24/7 Dust 2), then I'm sure we can get the population back.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12

Seriously! I would love to see this come back.

I miss the community every day I play cs. The other servers I've been on don't have the homey feel my wife (Mrs.Wawa) brings to the table. After playing on SG's casual server, playing casual on valve servers is always lacking. The community, calling people hackers (in jest), making magic mad, etc, it's something I wish we still had everyday. Not to mention all of the great friends I've made on there.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1

I would love to have this server back! Been missing casual servers a lot, most of them on the server brower are really bad or dead and the old Dust 2 24/7 was exactly what I wanted as a server to play on.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12

I'm with you, Wawa!

It'd be great to bring back the old group of players to the way we used to play.

There was a time I'd play on that server nearly every day that I was home. I do miss it.

Making Magic mad was the best part by far.

• Like 2
Edited by idealist

Reply to Thread