Notice
    Cam
    Server Administrator

Gloves

I was thinking maybe it would be cool to add the team gloves we have on the Scrim server to our regular servers. I know the main idea for the servers is less download times as possible and I don't know how much time each pair of gloves would add, so I was thinking maybe we could vote on the top 4 or 5 gloves and just keep those in the servers instead of having several pages of them like scrim.

Black Rain
    Board of Directors

Gloves are pretty big in size tbh. Limiting to top 4-5 will be fine because all those gloves on the scrim server combined is equal to... lets say a small map lol. But I feel like people will complain about the gloves that they dont like X gloves and they want Y gloves even though it wasn't popular enough to be picked. Also these are CT arm models and no one has created the T side arm models yet. Original creator of the skins made 2 different arm models for T side (Elite Crew and Phoenix/Balkan/Professionals) but no one has bothered to create server sided models of the skins. So hypothetically speaking, if these gloves did get added to store, then the T side will have CT models and people might find it odd looking for them.

Halo
    SG's Halo Fan

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/sh...intball+Gloves

I know there the paintball gloves so its a different situation, I like the idea. It's that the Higher Up's like having a mostly vanilla server, if they were added I can see a poll going out for what kind of gloves. Just so there isn't a lot of download time.

Drakanen
    Closet Furry

I never even noticed the gloves when using them, I feel like most people would equip and forget about them, which just leads to meaningless downloads

Nuclear Onion
    I am not Mattime.

Rather have more hats first before we add gloves tbh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuclear Onion For This Useful Post:
    Halo (11-24-2016)

Cam
    Server Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    Rather have more hats first before we add gloves tbh
    I'd be up for some new hats :D

Quote Originally Posted by °Drãkáñéñ° ™ View Post
    I never even noticed the gloves when using them, I feel like most people would equip and forget about them, which just leads to meaningless downloads
    I disagree. I personally like the way they look. It stands out to me like skins do.

Drakanen
    Closet Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I disagree. I personally like the way they look. It stands out to me like skins do.
    tbh I probably never noticed because it was on the SCRIM server, the server where you don't have time to admire gloves

Division0X
    SG Noob

I agree with you, We should have gloves.

Plank Jesus
    SG Noob

Gloves as in the Skin Gloves or the Character(Map Specific) gloves, like the FBI or IDF gloves?
    If you're on about the Skin Gloves i think Valve will make another lawing with the other plugins that servers used to use where you can spawn it items.
    Character gloves would not make much sense as most people are looking on the screen for enemies and not at your hands, and it would result in some pointless download time.

Cam
    Server Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Plank Jesus View Post
    Gloves as in the Skin Gloves or the Character(Map Specific) gloves, like the FBI or IDF gloves?
    If you're on about the Skin Gloves i think Valve will make another lawing with the other plugins that servers used to use where you can spawn it items.
    Character gloves would not make much sense as most people are looking on the screen for enemies and not at your hands, and it would result in some pointless download time.

I made this post over a month ago when the gloves were not out. And I was talking about the team gloves. (Cloud 9, SK, ect.) this has already been removed from the scrim server due to concerns about the new gloves coming out, just like skins.