? servers

? players online

Who Got Banned and Why

• Content Count:  11501

Fuze has been banned for a week on the forums for abusing the reputation feature after being warned not to.

I meant to make another post on this the other day, but forgot until now.

Sometimes, it gets extremely annoying dealing with people in general on here when they're in a 'group'. Lumping people into a group works extremely, extremely effectively in reference to punishing, but it's obviously not the fairest thing to do. I don't even want to warn someone to stop doing something, let alone ban them (I genuinely hate banning anyone from the community - the Marine Corps was the best because people could just throw gloves on and handle their shit without anyone actually getting a legit paper trail, obviously can't do that on the internet...although sometimes I wish lol).

I think that the tension has been up there, and there are some people who are doing what they can to further exacerbate the situation - sometimes it's hard to distinguish who is intentionally trying to do that, and who is just trying to be a little edgy sometimes or troll just a little bit, and happens to get thrown into the mix with everything going on. Do I honestly give a shit about an online reputation feature? No. I really, honestly, 100% do not. The problem though is that it's there for somewhat of a reason...right? Everything on the forums is here for a reason. Obviously, if you're utilizing it in a way that's fun but maybe not the intent, we probably won't care - the care and concern starts to come when that fun is at the expense of other people, and those other people care.

I used to be a gigantic fucking troll for any of you who have known me since my early days here at ZM/SG. Most of that started dying off the higher and higher up I rose in the ranks. I still enjoy fucking around; my presidential address to the community was memeing on someone else. I can go on and on with examples, but the point is that at some point I have to step in and go 'okay guys, that's enough'. I'm not saying shit like that because I want it to be tested and pushed further, I'm saying it because I genuinely don't want people to get in trouble and not be able to enjoy SG in its fullest.

I've known Fuze / Noob for probably like 11 or 12 years now, and I think we were on a team together at one point. I've thought it over a bit and after talking a little bit, I don't think they're intentionally here to bring negativity to SG (hopefully lol). It came across that way because of everything else going on at the time, and because of some of the CB encounters / threads made lol. While I still think it was genuinely a dumb button to push after being told not to do it, I think that a week might have been too harsh. Like I said before, it just gets genuinely annoying to have to deal with people doing shit, especially after being told not to. I'm not saying you can't meme and troll a little bit lol, but if we genuinely say not to do something, please just listen. Ask for clarification, come find me in TS and we can have a private convo where you tell me how gay and stupid I am, etc...I don't care lol.

I'm going to end the ban now, a day and some change early. #fuzefreed

• Like 12
Edited by Caution

'Lardass' has been permed on forums & servers for making an unauthorized transaction for VIP. If you guys use somebody else's card / money to purchase things online, you better make completely sure that they are okay with it - because I have no leg to stand on when it comes to PayPal for that, so I will instantly perm any account associated with an unauthorized transaction.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  8754

Kopsta has earned himself 3 weeks off due to inappropriate sexual comments and baiting of one of our admins.

Let this be a reminder to all - we do not and will not condone any actions or words/suggestions/jokes around sexualization of minors. Regardless of if it is an adult or a minor making these comments (especially after repeated warnings to stop), you are NOT allowed to suggest or conduct conversations that are sexual in nature. In this case, asking an adult admin to "inappropriately touch" him and joke about it afterwards falls into this category. There is more to this situation, but explaining it fully does not give any benefit to the community at large.

While we are a community for gamers and are here for fun, the line is drawn at certain points where it is both unbecoming of a modern community and extremely unethical (and in some cases bordering on, or actually being, illegal) to have these kinds of language and situations pop up.

If you have any questions on this, please contact a member of the Board.

• Like 37

Gumline has been permanently banned for declaring himself the warden of the server after multiple warnings. It's permanent due to his history of bans.

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

• CTs cannot declare themselves warden, wardens do not exist on this server.

This is very clearly a rule, and based upon the evidence given:

https://gyazo.com/7a34403d77d657b4324c902c72321029

https://gyazo.com/d3de721e9db969929dfe9f657ca7d384

It is obvious that a warning was issued multiple times. We have, however, decided to revert Gumline's perm to a day ban (now expired). While there is merit for punishment, it seems silly to get a perm over this. Yes, there was history, but we discussed that it was a long time ago, and he served as an admin honorably and without any issues whatsoever - therefore, the next ban will be a perm.

• Like 33

• Content Count:  2169

Nick! has been banned for a week for using racism on the forums. While we aren't as strict with racism on the forums and servers as we were before the rule change, saying racial slurs straight up is still a bannable offense on the forums. He should know better by now due to constant warnings and bans from administrators.

• Like 28

• Content Count:  5674

Kyle has been banned for a week for purposely misleading admins and players. Two of his alts were already permanently banned off the servers for a similar reason and he was issued a warning at the same time. Coming on accounts with privated profiles, default pictures, etc. and doing impractical stuff to make yourself look suspicious ends up wasting our time as higher ups when we have to check IPs, deal with the false bans and complaints, and so on. We're done dealing with it and won't tolerate it any longer.

• Like 16

Gumline has been permed again for advertising another community'

I just wanted to briefly touch on something I referenced earlier above about people that I have looked out for. Once again - not saying that it gives me the right to do or say whatever I want just because I vouched for someone, but why would I try and burn people I'm looking out for / vouching for? Obviously it typically means that I think there is potential in said person for whatever the specific position is.

Gumline was additionally one that myself (and I believe Delirium...but I could be wrong) vouched for to get admin. Even when Gumline left, I commended him on his job as an admin, and wished him well. Upon his return and recent ban for the Warden situation, I actually made a thread in the IA section referencing his ban and I felt it was dumb. I don't typically post things in the higher up sections or walk around going 'heh, yeah I got Gumline unbanned', but this whole general 'Caution is a big bully and is out to get us' thing needs to get fact-checked.

This thread here was the one I made, arguing against his ban. I searched for the rule that barred him from declaring himself as warden, and I could not find it. After talking with Dominic and him showing me where it actually is a rule, I admitted I was incorrect - but still argued that a perm was too much (tbh I still think that rule isn't needed...but not my call). A few days later, I get reports that he's poking people in TeamSpeak and generally trolling. Okay - not really against the rules, meh. Then I get stuff like this from multiple different people, advertising another community. It wasn't a joke, it wasn't memeing - it was him legitimately advertising for the same community that he talked shit about in a TeamSpeak channel to me a month ago. I don't give a shit about that community, I don't give a shit if you want to go play over there, etc. If you support those actions - then hey, more power to you. My focus is on SG, and SG alone.

Anything remotely construed as advertisement or trolling on behalf of another community will not be taken lightly. Honestly, even if he had no bans, there's a decent chance he would have ended up with a perm. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I just wanted all of you to be fully in the loop as far as this goes. It is what it is.

• Like 38
Edited by Caution

Reply to Thread