? servers

? players online

Extra Life Game Day 2016 Participants

• Content Count:  6242

Alright Peeps!

I'm going to do the Extra Life Game Day 2016 on November 5th, 2016.

I'll set up a Steam-Gamers team for people to join, here is our page. The page is still being constructed so please bare with me, it looks like crap.

Here's the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SGExtraLife

So we are about 2 months out from this event, time for me to start to kind of get thing organized.

What is Extra Life Game Day?

It is a 24 hour gaming marathon event that many people participate in to raise money for Children's Hospitals all across the U.S. and Canada. There are a few places in EU but its rare for them to be setup for this and you have to contact people to get it setup. What happens is that people will stream/play video games for 24 hours and people will donate towards the person's choice of hospital.

Can I participate with you?

Yes you can! This is why I am reaching out this early. If you want to play with me at some point in this marathon, there will be a few ways to do this. Because this will be a fun event for anyone participating, I need to make some limits and restrictions so I can try to get to as many of you as I possibly can. So here's how its going to break down. If you do a $5 donation for my personal page, you will get first priority. Next priority will be if you sign up personally on the Extra Life website: http://www.extra-life.org/, sign up as a platinum member (info here). Next priority will be to normal members on the team.

Please Note: I cannot guarantee every time will work for me or I will be able to play a game of your choice, I will try to accommodate everyone however.

What will be the schedule?

I will release that probably a week before the event.

If you got a question, either ask me or post it here and I'll answer it.

In about a month, I'll get the hype train a going for this event and announce more stuff related.

EDIT: If you do sign up on the extra life site, you'll be expected to do 24 hours. But you don't have to do it all at one time, ask me for more details on it.

• Like 14
Edited by SpikedRocker

• Content Count:  1612

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

I did this when I used to stream, got up to 700 viewers, 100+ followers, and over $300 in donations to charity. It's worth the time, effort, and money for both the streamers, players, and viewers. Get hyped to frag with friends for a good cause!

I'm willing to do a dual-stream, or something cooperative for this streaming event as well. Just hit me up sometime.

• Like 1

Here's a list of games I own for those curious: http://steamcommunity.com/id/spikedrocker/games/?tab=all

Here in the next few weeks I'll debut the "grand plan" for the event, preliminary scheduling and how it all works in more detail.

So what I need is some suggestions for "filler" games. Games to play for 15 minutes to an hour to help fill some holes in scheduling. I'd be down for some single player play throughs. So go through my list of games and find a game you are curious about and maybe I'll give a little sample for you to see if you'd want to own it yourself.

I'll also probably do some pre-producing some bits for when I need to run to the bathroom and whatnots, so that will help there.

• Content Count:  2230

Awesome to see an extra life thread!

In 2014 I did this with a friend, however we were far from prepared and though we had fun and donated a bit ourselves with friends and family, it was more just a do it for the sake of it type thing.

Last year was slightly more planned and ended up with four of us raising 300$, not over the top brilliant but much more than we initially expected!

Of course depending on the time and the date, but I'd love to look into this, get involved and help out where I can! :d

• Like 1

Been doing some preliminary tests and all things are looking good. I am having an issue of capturing Dead By Daylight with OBS, so if anyone has any suggestions on getting that fixed, about the only way I know how to get it to work is a monitor capture which will mess up my grand display of content.

Speaking of which there's a rumor going around that I'll have a webcam going, stay tuned to see if that's true.

Does this mean we will finally see your face when you laugh like a school girl?

If you donate $5 to the Extra Life stuff I'll make sure you'll get a gif.

Also, I just made this steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SGExtraLife

That way when we get all this going I don't end up spamming the normal SG group for people who don't care.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

If you donate $5 to the Extra Life stuff I'll make sure you'll get a gif.

Also, I just made this steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SGExtraLife

That way when we get all this going I don't end up spamming the normal SG group for people who don't care.

This is an offer I really can't refuse

• Like 1

Reply to Thread