? servers

? players online

[CS:GO] 1v1 Tournament: Final Results

• Content Count:  660

If we want to make a 5v5, we gotta make it around september, and have it setup with a lot of teams, and a lot of subs or teamless players. 8 teams would be perfect, we could have 2 servers ready to do it, it'd be awesome.

Last year was our first CSGO 5v5 tourney as far as I am concerned. First time is always the hardest and the time where flaws appear. We know most of the possible problems that can occur now which means we can also do something about it. That means the amount of aids will be significantly decreased if we work this through carefully. I am willing to help but if we are to set it up we should do it now because come September and onward I will be busy as the regular season begins. I, like RouQ, really want this to happen too!

How many 5v5s tournaments have we had through the years, we call it aids for a reason. You say 8 teams ? done we had that , with 3 subs for each. no problem. We even made a rule where we specified the top players and no more than 2 could play in a team together, we had the players handpicked one by one. The only tourney that ever made it was the first.

Most tourneys fell apart by the second round, simple apathy or teams giving up because a team was stacked. We are not a competitive community, and playing for fun is nice but no global is wasting their time on a team with 4 goldies to get rekt 16-0.

The last tournament started to collapse from the second match where a team brought in an unknown player because nobody else could make it , ofcourse this dude was a global and the match was a shitshow, apathy started to set in because this wasn't handled at all by the hosters.

Did you see the amount of noshow in a simple 32player single elimination ? it was ridiculous now imagine that in a team setting where you need 10 players.

Hence why i suggest make it 2v2 or 3v3 and start slow, because not many people have any faith left in a tournament.

And i wouldnt even know who to team with since every team i've been with is now banned from SG permanently

Reply to Thread