? servers

? players online

Is WWE A Sport?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is WWE A Sport?

Is WWE A Sport?

• Content Count:  470

Me and Goku have been fighting over this discussion for days. Physically abused, mentally abused, I cannot allow this to go on any further. The only support I had was by a handsome man named Lucas15. I have to come out of the closet. Steam(hyphen)Gamers, let me hear your voice. What do you think, Is WWE A Sport? Here is my position. Yes. Now don't get me wrong, everything is pre-determined, scripted, whatever you want to call it. But there IS competition behind the curtains. Now let's begin. If you guys do not know what WWE is, WWE is Sports Entertainment. I already win :duuh:, but since Goku is a fighter, I gotta hit the old one two. All WWE athletes do not make it to the top. John Cena, Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, they did not get handed their stardom. John Cena worked hard, behind the scenes; on the other hand, Triple H had it easier (marrying the daughter of the company). When John Cena first came to WWE, he was a nobody. He fought Undertaker, a veteran in the company. Their feud is what sparked John Cena's career. Now look at John Cena now, the biggest name in current pro wrestling. He had ups and down, ups being his Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick, downs being his PG era gimmick, but there WAS competition behind this. John Cena had to fight against the likes of The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Triple H, Shawn Micheals, already built stars in the industry. John Cena put on extraordinary matches, and his fan base kept growing and growing. This is how there is competition backstage. You put on good matches and your fans love you, increasing the amount of revenue the company gets, now the company will make you a bigger star.

Let's take a modern day example, Seth Rollins. Seth Rollins in about a year or two become the WWE Champion. His fan base grew, making the company see that he is going to be big. Seth Rollins had to get through the likes of Wade Barrett, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Finn Balor, big stars in the current industry.

Or how about Kevin Owens? Became Champion in two months, fighting against Sami Zayn. Kevin Owens was a world renowned star, so there is no question in why he became champion in such a short time. In Kevin Owen's main roster debut, he beat John Cena. Usually, you would want the good guy win, so more people can purchase more of their items. But no, they made Kevin Owens beat John Cena in his DEBUT match. They see something in Kevin Owens, a guy who just debuted. Now this is my rebuttal.

TL;DR: WWE is a sport. You work hard in the ring; a competition to see whose fan base will grow, you will become champion.

What do you guys think?

Edit 1 Additional Info

It seems the odds are not in my favor. Allow me to provide examples. Let's introduce one of the best wrestlers in the world that WWE has, Cesaro. Cesaro has been praised for the amount of work he puts into a match. WWE is known to give wrestlers very little chance at stardom nowadays. You usually see new wrestlers appear during wrestlemania season, who come in very low numbers. Cesaro has been in the main roster for a couple of years. His first gimmick, which was some sort of being highly intellectual or whatever did not work well. Fans did not even care for his matches, even though he is widely known. He was shortly put down into the depths of the WWE main roster. Fast forward to 2014, he teams up with Tyson Kid. Their run was pretty well, with them winning the tag team championship. This is a surge in his WWE career. WWE realized how good their in-ring chemistry was, so they allowed him to get more air time, showing off his skill. This increased his fan base. When they lost the championship, shortly after, Tyson Kidd received a career threatening injury. Even though the team had a good run, without a duo, they had nothing for Cesaro. Again, he goes down into the depth. For the majority of 2015, Cesaro appeared on TV here and there as an extra wrestler who would lose in order to make the other wrestler look better. Recently, John Cena has been doing his US open challenge, in where people from the roster would challenge John Cena for the US Championship. Cesaro had been getting a little push, but this was his time to shine. In order to show their support for Cesaro, one person from his fanbase printed thousands of signs for the crowd to hold up, to show that they cared for Cesaro.

Cesaro-Section-RAW.png

Mostly the entire arena had a sign. By showing their support, Cesaro gained more confidence from WWE. WWE allowed him to perform 5 star matches. Unfortunately, even though mostly every show after that sign phenomenon had the same happen (where everyone held up signs), Cesaro was not appealing to the kids. Kids are the ones who own everything in wrestlers, everything in WWE, everything in JB ;) . They are the ones who want the T-shirts of their favorite superstars. They are the ones who drag their parents to the WWE shows. They are the ones who buy merchandise. The majority of the audience of WWE, nowadays, are kids. There is nothing a smart alleck like me, or other smart allecks, can do to make WWE change their ways. If the majority of your audience do not buy a certain person's merchandise, then WWE will not invest in you. Cesaro did not appeal to the kids, so he did not receive any kind of huge push in his career.

On the other hand, John Cena, a talented, veteran, nice guy, guy who always wins, appeals to the kids. John Cena perfected his character in which WWE knows will make a profit. Cesaro was more of a silent power house, while John Cena is the guy on the cover of magazines. Cesaro has not fully developed his character yet, but hopefully in the near future, he will be one of the greats. Here is a more in depth analysis in how there is competition. Since WWE already has a top good guy, why have another one in which you do not know how the crowd will react. Cesaro has to adapt to the situation, and make sure that the odds are in his favor.

Edited by Souce Boss
I forgot my crush supported me

• Content Count:  2589

Now don't get me wrong, everything is pre-determined, scripted, whatever you want to call it.

/thread

Here is my shitty flowchart that I was too lazy to register to save so I screencapped it.

hoBFpfb.png

• Content Count:  470

/thread

Here is my shitty flowchart that I was too lazy to register to save so I screencapped it.

18QYbTo.png

You spelled competition wrong. WWE checks out. Physical? Refer to ECW. Competition? Did you even read my post? SPORT

• Content Count:  2589

One thing's for certain, you just made a long essay paragraphed formatted post that I would expect from Goku.

Leon please, the quality of this post is no where near my standards.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread