? servers

? players online

Steam-Gamers TTT back online!

• Content Count:  6465

Hello everyone!

For those of you keeping up with the TTT section of the forums, I have been working towards revamping it and making it more popular and hopefully spark new life into the server. The plans are to bring the server a re-occurring playerbase rather than being a server you play every so often for two to three hours then don't play again. To do this, we had to have something for you guys to work towards. The best solution (and what many other servers already have) is to put Pointshop on the server, giving you an active list of things to work towards and unlock. This caused a lot of frustration for me at first, because TTT as anyone will know is extremely buggy sometimes just as the gamemode itself.

However, I'm happy to say I worked out the issues with Pointshop and got in a stable working order enough to the point where I am comfortable re-opening the server and removing the password on it!

The process unfortunately took a long time to get done, longer than I hoped, but I had to make sure I knew as much about what's wrong and what is fine with Pointshop and the server itself so that I can do rolling updates over time and not have to worry about wiping player information or breaking things that can't work together anymore.

So, what's actually new?

• Pointshop2 with several items to start out with, prices and point gains are subject to change in the coming weeks, but no player data will be wiped unless absolutely necessary!
  • Several fixes to the Admin system on the server, making it easier for Admins to monitor and take care of the server. Hopefully this will encourage Admins that have never played Gmod to still give TTT a shot! (Everything an Admin really needs can be accessed from the scoreboard)
  • Very minor adjustments to the weapons. Most notably, M16 is a bit more balanced out, and the shotgun has been nerfed. Hopefully it wasn't over-nerfed, but it's fairly significantly nerfed, reductions to damage and increased spray size. Also the AK47 is hidden away for now, but it should be completely ready for a release soon™...
  • Other things that are mostly cleaning up files and stuff that don't really affect you guys at all.

That's not a lot for how long the server has been down...

I'm sure this is on many people's minds, but all I can say is I'm sorry for this delay, things were more complicated than I thought. However, I have sorted so many things out I should be able to do constant rolling updates/fixes/improvements over the next few weeks to the server.

Then what's coming?...Constantly rolling updates!

• First and foremost: Fixing the Pointshop2 items I had prepared for release and adding them into the Pointshop.
  • Next: Maps list, I would appreciate a very active "Map suggestions and removal" section for TTT if possible to help with this.
  • Simultaneously: Adding one or two new Traitor/Detective items, letting players mess with them for a week or so before deciding to keep them/remove them, and adding new ones to try.
  • Minor aesthetics to load screen/maybe new map voter to make it look more fresh.
  • Pointshop2 additional content: Weapons, betting, achievements, maybe more! And of course more hats. Always more hats.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you join the server between now and tomorrow, AND ONLY TODAY OR TOMORROW!, you will get 500 Donator points in the Pointshop! You can use these 500 points to buy any ONE playermodel currently on the server! At the end of the day tomorrow (October 23rd) I will remove new players receiving these points.

P.S. I know it's late and a really weird time to be opening a server, but I didn't want to make people wait until I get back from college tomorrow.

• Like 24

Reply to Thread