? servers

? players online

Bring Minecraft back?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Minecraft back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly (comment on your suggestions)

Bring MC Back

• Content Count:  1076

I fucking loved Minecraft and it's what brought me to SG back in 09-10 infdev era.

It's a shame that we closed our MC server which at one point always reached max capacity.

Therefore I am willing to drop $40 purely to get a new MC server up and $80 if I am allowed to administrate it somewhat(under the supervision of higher ups, of course).

As for my qualifications, I can fluently code in HTML, Javascript, and (somewhat fluently) Java and mySQL. I have set up and managed at least 5 different servers ranging from vanilla to Tekkit using FTP in all of them so I know all the plugins/config and commands inside and out.

I LOOOOOOOOVE MC and it was one of the greatest games of my child hood. Anyone else interested?

CALLING: @SilentGuns and @Nishok

Edited by vorter

• Content Count:  1070

We would have to approach this server differently from the others to keep it populated if i am not wrong it is hard to keep MC populated for us it's been like that for sometime i was going to play MC when i get back but sadly soon after it we closed it down. I would like to see it back but we need to keep it populated.

We would have to approach this server differently from the others to keep it populated if i am not wrong it is hard to keep MC populated for us it's been like that for sometime i was going to play MC when i get back but sadly soon after it we closed it down. I would like to see it back but we need to keep it populated.

I will scout out the most popular MC servers and see what we can bring to our server.

The Game of Thrones MC server for example is absolutely incredible. While we can't build something that massive with our manpower, we can substitute cool plugins like for example Factions which worked perfectly as an anti-grief measure. I have decent familiarity with Java so I may be able to scratch up some simple mods.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  467

I will scout out the most popular MC servers and see what we can bring to our server.

The Game of Thrones MC server for example is absolutely incredible. While we can't build something that massive with our manpower, we can substitute cool plugins like for example Factions which worked perfectly as an anti-grief measure. I have decent familiarity with Java so I may be able to scratch up some simple mods.

I could help out a bit as I have hosted some previous servers for friends which we actually used a lot and had to change the files a lot. I'm a horrible builder though totally no imagination i could re-build a building though

Great idea' date=' think it used to be very popular[/quote']

MC has the issue of lifecycles where it's everyone is having fun with the new MC updates and the infinite amounts of mods but then suddenly no one plays anymore as they get bored discovering everything. This is the DE FACTO problem with MC server death and is why we need to implement dramatic changes on a regular basis (monthly?) to keep players interested. These "changes" consist of a broad category which could possibly range from PVP, magic mods, Factions, Tekkit, etc.

yay minecraft, get hunger games, yay :d

Hunger games seems to get a big hit right now so that is definitely up for consideration.

Also another reason our server died was pure monotony. After everyone builds their megacomplexes and crafts their

Labarr-blasting death rays, that's their end game. Replayability is key which I think can be brought back with aesthetic architecture/various mods(especially protection mods)/and advertising where allowed.

Edited by vorter

Reply to Thread