? servers

? players online

OnePlus products

• Content Count:  1385

:bump2:

Two and a half years later, I still got the phone. It still lasts me somewhat well (however the battery is notably worse off) It still supports the latest apps and apart from some ROM glitches (due to me mostly) is nearly lag free.

I really do suggest buying these phones. They're great.

• Content Count:  2001

Still have my OnePlus, still lighting fast. I got it on launch day and despite a lot of problems I still really love the phone. The battery and camera are starting to show age but Its the longest lasting phone I've ever had. I take back all the poor things I've said in the past.

• Content Count:  3178

I'm thinking about buying the OnePlus 5.

Currently my Nexus 5 is breaking down, getting slow for jus regular use (not many apps installed) and the battery is draining extremely fast, even after a fresh reinstall.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It has now been over 4 years since I've gotten the phone.

I remember people raising concerns about longevity issues because of 'cheap assed chinese devices' back when it was first released. The same people opted for a Samsung 5/6 and has since changed to the 7th and thinking about the 8th/9th. Suckers.

The frame itself has seen better days, though most of the damage is cosmetic. Screen protector, on the other hand, did it's job beautifully and kept the screen alive through several hard drops. Most importantly though, it runs like a charm without any notable lag. Linage OS with Google Piko package and the battery easily lasts me over 4-6 hours of heavy use, in other words, it comfortably lasts me the entire day.

In the end I still see no reason to upgrade. If you're looking into buying a OnePlus product, you can be sure that, unless you treat it poorly, it is going to treat you well. And at 4 years and a retail price of around 280 EUR + 20 EUR (accessories), it's only ended up being 0.2 EUR/day. Hopefully, with only a battery replacement (mid/late this year) it'll last me until 5G becomes widespread.

P.S. If you want to buy a phone for your kid, buy a used One Plus 1. It only costs about 20-50 $ and it'll likely last you quite a while!

• Like 1
Edited by Vy

• Content Count:  3052

1.5 year old thread bump?!!? lol.

Anyway I bought the OnePlus 6t on Black Friday 2018. So at the time my top 3 choices were the Galaxy S9, Pixel 2, or the 6t. I got it on sale. The Galaxy S9 was hard to getaway from with its headphone jack and wireless charging, but the design of the OnePlus, i felt, was better with its underscreen fingerprint scanner and small notch... And like I said, I got it on sale Black Friday with Accidental insurance from OnePlus and it still came out cheaper than an S9.

Some other things to note:

I use Mint Mobile as my cell carrier (8GB Plan, Paid yearly, comes out to $20 month) - Was on Verizon before and I have not have any problems with service or speed since the switch

My old phone (HTC 10) couldn't last 3 hours without dying. Now I charge my phone basically whenever i feel like it... lol

All in all, I am excited for future OnePlus phones... and would not hesitate to recommend them

Edited by Labarr

My old phone (HTC 10) couldn't last 3 hours without dying. Now I charge my phone basically whenever i feel like it... lol
This is effectively impossible without significant and consistent use of the phone during those 3 hours. It was most likely a software issue, causing something to keep running whilst the phone was off. The hardware should be fine. If you want to keep using the phone, maybe donate or give it away to someone (as it's still quite a solid phone), I would suggest installing a TWRP recovery, Lineage OS and a 'pico' installation of GApps, instead of the full suite which drains the battery quite significantly.

GApps - https://opengapps.org/

Lineage OS - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pme

TWRP - https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/

OnePlus is a great despite the battery

With the above setup in addition to using DuckDuckGo as a browser, Messenger Lite (instead of the plain Messenger app) and no standalone Facebook application, my phone can easily last me the entire day or at least half a day if I constantly listen to music. And my phone is easily over 5 years old at this point. In other words, the battery itself is fine. It's very likely you're still sporting an old Android distribution, or the applications you use significantly drain the battery.

There's been no other issues with the phone at all. Anything that popped up was basically fixed by cleanly reinstalling the distribution. Though I would likely never buy another OnePlus product as they're overpriced to all hell. A Xiaomi MI would be a much better choice cost/value vise.

Edited by Vy

This is the last post I am going to make in this thread as, sadly, my phone (OnePlus One) has become unpractical to use anymore.

It has been 5 years and around 3 months since I got the phone brand new.

With the above in mind, it has held up beautifully. It is still fully functional, though the years have taken a toll on the battery, body and peripherals of the device:

• The 3.5mm jack has become _weird_ in the sense that the audio jack keeps popping out of it even after very small tugs
  • The battery lasts only 2 hours of _actual_ use, thus for more busy days it is not able to get through even half of it. Keep in mind this is with an Android Pico installation, no Google services, no Facebook (bar Messenger Lite) and practically no use of the GNSS functionality
  • The USB jack has seen some better days and whilst you would still have to tug on the power connection quite firmly, it is now easier to get it out (especially accidentally) than it used to be
  • The body itself has seen better days, it would be hard to pass it off as 'good enough' anymore. Though it does not impact overall usability
  • The camera is practically useless. I swear it used to be much better when I got it, though either due to some software mishap of hardware fault, it takes a very long time to take any kind of picture
  • The phone now feels dated. There is no fingerprint sensor, no NFC (thus you cannot use it as your bank card), the screen is nigh-impossible to see (even on full brightness) when outside on a sunny day

With that said, however, I will be recommending OnePlus phones for anyone that wants to buy a more higher-end device (sadly, they do not make affordable phones anymore). The fact I was able to use this as my daily phone for over 5 years is quite amazing and has definitely paid itself off many times over. I bought it for 290 EUR. That is 0.14 EUR / daily (I've had it for roughly 1940 days), which is definitely a fair price for the amount of daily use. (Anything over 0.2 EUR for the same time frame is a fucking scam)

Sadly, as OnePlus has decided they will move towards the higher-end device market, I will not buy their products anymore. They are simply too expensive. (Especially when I know how much they paid for their hardware) My next phone is going to be a Google Pixel 3a. I hope it will last as long if not more! (Though 5G might kill it sooner)

Edit: Oh and don't worry. I do not plan on throwing it away. I will likely re-solder the 3.5mm jack and keep using this phone as an mp3 player... or I'll gut it and get the modem out to give it new life as a tracker. Dunno yet.

Reply to Thread