? servers

? players online

New chatbox - things you can change

• Content Count:  3052

Hi guys, just wanted to do a small write up on how to change the settings in chatbox! There are a few ways to get to the chatbox settings:

1)Go here and click on Options9593971563f43fa08b7fb8d6a1f8e5bb.png

2)Go into your Settings 101b4f143c7fbf0bd3390f93d96f4788.png --> Click on Shoutbox Settings.

Most everything in here is self explanitory, but I want to bring your attention to this specific area:

0a0c71386af80bfac1ce483f83452b8e.pnggg

Shout Area Location - This is where you can set the actually text field where you type messages in chatbox. If set to Above Shouts, it will be like the older chatbox (As I have in the pictures above)

Shoutbox Size - Changing this changes how big the actually chatbox is (see my above images). Leaving it as 0 is basically the same size as the older chatbox, but I found 256 to be a good number - as I spend alot of time in the chatbox

As far is the lower section - I have no idea what this does, not sure how to use it! Maybe @XeNo can shed some light on this!

b5c0ad079c36c5979cce99920b2d97f1.png

• Like 2
Edited by Labarr

• Content Count:  6465

Some of those chat tabs are not enabled, but basically, the base chat tab ('Shoutbox') is position 1. Those other chat tabs you can re-order given the number you wish them to be in. However, since the others are not enabled, there's no real point to them.

Edit:

Good job putting tag notifications to use! I honestly probably would not have seen this thread for another day or two otherwise. Haha.

Edited by XeNo

• Content Count:  2167

tip. 350 makes the CB large enough to not have a scroll bar normally but if anyone uses an emoticon it brings the scroll back. if you use 400 it gives it enough buffer space for that

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3052

I was actually looking for that option. Thank you. Everyone's shitty font and color choices made the chatbox look like a mess.

Now how do I make it so new messages appear at the top?

This is not possible(afaik) unless it can be changed behind the scenes

Reply to Thread