? servers

? players online

BuildRP Server

• Content Count:  940

Hello everyone. I'd like to present an idea I've been thinking about and working on for a while now. Ill present positive arguments, negative arguments, possibilities and facts about this idea. Let's begin.

First off, the idea is about getting a BuildRP server.

-BuildRP is NOT the same thing as regular darkRP. I'll admit that regular darkRP is boring, repetitive and the people there are annoying as hell. On the other hand, buildRP mixes GMod's awesome sandbox with roleplaying. Furthermore, those that play buildRP tend to be easier to manage and a bit more mature, most of the times.

-The average successful buildRP server is normally full very often.

-There aren't many good and normal buildRP servers. That's why most of them are empty. Those that are full at the moment, are because people are desperate to find a normal and fun server. If we were to get a buildRP server, I would wish for it to be perfect. If it is perfect (or almost), the server is certain to be popular with time.

-I've had experience with buildRP servers and know what people want. Friendly players, minimal restrictions and an active staff that keeps improving the server. I've been working on my own script lately and am almost done with it. I've tested it and it works fine. "But what's so special about your script sluggie?" - let me explain: my script has

-fun, original and balanced jobs including donator jobs and 1 job for administrators

-a balanced money system so that people won't be able to buy amazing guns the first 5 minutes they're on

-epic m9k weapons

-a TON of amazing money printers

-drugs

-a nice hud that says "STEAMGAMERS BUILDRP" on it ---- This doesn't include an f4 menu. Those cost about 20$.

-an anti-minge system, so we don't need admins on it 24/7

-MOST IMPORTANTLY, GOOD AND FUN TOOLS TO BUILD THAT MOST SERVERS DON'T HAVE.

-In adition to all that, this might save lots and lots of work for the AOs+ to set the server up.

-Positive and negative point:

===There are some high chances that, if the server is popular, we might get many new members and donations.

===This requires more attention that other servers like TTT. But with the increase of admins, this shouldn't be a problem. Especially with the anti-minge tools.

-Yes, most of the work is done if you chose to pick my work, but this will still require a MOTD thread with the rules and a loading screen.

In my opinion, there's nothing to lose but a chance at a possibly successful server. What do you think? Is this idea worth a shot? If yes, tell us why and if not, tell us why as well. Thank you!

***if you have ANY questions (for example, "what are the jobs?") let me know***

• Content Count:  290

Seems like an interesting new server addition that could either pay off in the long run or just end up failing miserably not my choice to decide but it would seem like a new thing that could be done unless its already failed before. Also I didnt know your name was sluggie.

• Content Count:  5108

Sleggie, i'm gonna try to say this in the nicest way possible, but there's a reason why your server didn't last long. BuildRP is a type of server that would just die out within a week, due to the low amount of people who play it, and it basically being gm_construct & DarkRP blended awfully together. Plus, it takes hours for people to download all the files for the server. Personally, I don't think this would be the best idea for a new server.

Sleggie, i'm gonna try to say this in the nicest way possible, but there's a reason why your server didn't last long. BuildRP is a type of server that would just die out within a week, due to the low amount of people who play it, and it basically being gm_construct & DarkRP blended awfully together. Plus, it takes hours for people to download all the files for the server. Personally, I don't think this would be the best idea for a new server.

My server wasn't a BuildRP, it had 10 slots and its down because we stopped paying for it. This isn't the same thing. I've already seen a BuildRP start fresh and it grew quickly and successfully. It was up for years but now its gone.

Seems like a fun, new idea. Personally I'd love a nice friendly RP server and who better than SG.

What I am worried about tho, is like Potatoes said what would the downloading times be? (Initial and average per map)

Its extremely short. Tools take no time to download and all the custom jobs are part of a script. The money printers and drugs are a default prop with a script too. The only thing that will take bit time is the M9K weapons. But even at that, if you have a good fastDL, its quite fast.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1064

1) never played any RP server on GMod so I guess I'd give it a shot

2) DL times is a bit of a scare - I don't feel like waiting longer than 2-3 minutes to play on a server

3) new additions + updates sounds nice - more shit to do and keep people playing

4) population - this is the most concerning matter, it'd be nice if this doesn't end up like our Rust server: getting played for about a month or 2 then getting killed.

• Content Count:  8754

hm, I've never played buildRP but played DarkRP/PERP a lot when we had those servers a long time ago. It could be cool but I'm not 100% on how popular we could make it (I know you said there are a few big ones but how easy/hard will it be for us to push ours to that level, rather than being empty like the majority?).

• Content Count:  1070

Just saying this now. As much as we would like one server PERP :cry: it won't work and will not happen the thing is SG is not a RP community it took a long time to get everyone into perp normally without fucking everything up allot of people where banned from the servers fro rule breaking and it would require an admin 24/7 on the server to be able to keep it ongoing with minimal rule-breaking, it will bring new players to the servers (Mostly kids after school) and many off them will never signup on the forums.

DarkRP, BuildRP, PERP or any kind off RP will not work on SG been tried many times and never has it worked.

Spelling bad? eat shit :(

Just saying this now. As much as we would like one server PERP :cry: it won't work and will not happen the thing is SG is not a RP community it took a long time to get everyone into perp normally without fucking everything up allot of people where banned from the servers fro rule breaking and it would require an admin 24/7 on the server to be able to keep it ongoing with minimal rule-breaking, it will bring new players to the servers (Mostly kids after school) and many off them will never signup on the forums.

DarkRP, BuildRP, PERP or any kind off RP will not work on SG been tried many times and never has it worked.

Spelling bad? eat shit :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you are basing your opinion on SG's previous experiences with a perp server. This is not the case. We currently have many more admins and with the anti minging addons such as gsurf, things should be a lot easier. But I totally understand your point of view.

Reply to Thread