? servers

? players online

SG TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  11501

the server has to be installed and updated and all that jazz right?

Nothing that an AO has access to. Literally the only thing an AO would be doing is setting people up, and that's not really "managing".

• Content Count:  2167

Nothing that an AO has access to. Literally the only thing an AO would be doing is setting people up, and that's not really "managing".

Oh... makes sense

• Content Count:  3728

Okay, I was being a big dumb and used the wrong words. As for the actual topic, I think it's pretty much rejected from here. The idea itself doesn't receive enough support from the higher ups, and people don't seem to feel that a change would be necessary.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  4550

Ok let me just be serious.

Ventrilo has been used for years by SG, it has become second nature to some to just join it, even if they don't actively use it all the time. No amount of upgrades are going to make them change unless forced.

I am not going to force anyone to change.

Vent serves its purpose just as TS does, just as Mumble does, just as any public voice server would. The sample of people that use and support TS are obviously going to say "I'd actually join if we did this", but then you have as many saying "I'd actually stop joining if we did this." It's not hard to understand really. No change is necessary, and those that don't use vent can stay not using vent. Their loss if they don't to play with the cool kids.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2167

Ok let me just be serious.

Ventrilo has been used for years by SG, it has become second nature to some to just join it, even if they don't actively use it all the time. No amount of upgrades are going to make them change unless forced.

I am not going to force anyone to change.

Vent serves its purpose just as TS does, just as Mumble does, just as any public voice server would. The sample of people that use and support TS are obviously going to say "I'd actually join if we did this", but then you have as many saying "I'd actually stop joining if we did this." It's not hard to understand really. No change is necessary, and those that don't use vent can stay not using vent. Their loss if they don't to play with the cool kids.

Thanks for the serious response and thanks for the consideration.

Reply to Thread