? servers

? players online

SG TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  2167

We were talking about this in chatbox and most people agree that teamspeak is better than ventrilo. Also, unlike when we tried mumble, quite a few of us already have teamspeak installed. Features include better sound quality, easy file storage, built in chat boxes, priority speaker, channel commanders (can talk to other commanders across channels), the ability to adjust individual players' volumes, along with a number of management features. Audio codecs available on TS3 range from the lowest bandwidth audio you can imagine up to the superb Opus Stereo Opus Codec with 510kbs stereo sound.

• Content Count:  88

I'm in full support for this. Gonna give me a reason to actually join it. Would absolutely love to join in on a chat without needing a mic, which I usually don't use.

Plus....custom avatars :d

Inb4 "we don't need to switch to another program tyvm"

• Content Count:  3052

Ventrillo works fine. I dont see the need to switch.. Ya.. maybe it has more things to offer but they really are not necessary. Ventrilo has been used for a long time now, and switching for the reason stated don't seem worth it.

Ventrillo works fine. I dont see the need to switch.. Ya.. maybe it has more things to offer but they really are not necessary. Ventrilo has been used for a long time now, and switching for the reason stated don't seem worth it.

If it is an upgrade, which it is, why not give it a try. Sure we don't need to switch but if people are willing to try, why not.

• Content Count:  1747

I support this idea, teamspeak is way better than vent (in terms of permissions, security, reliability) and would actually make me join the voice server much much more often, as I only use ts3 on a regular basis

• Content Count:  79

most people agree that teamspeak is better than ventrilo
lolwtf? ventrilo's quality is better then TS imo, I use TS on a daily basis and I hate the fuck out of it. Ventrilo has a PM system, so chat's fine there, and you have the option to disable it, don't think you do on TS? Not 100% sure, but when I'm in TS and someone starts using chat, it's really annoying with the overlay and/or beeping sound.

lolwtf? ventrilo's quality is better then TS imo, I use TS on a daily basis and I hate the fuck out of it. Ventrilo has a PM system, so chat's fine there, and you have the option to disable it, don't think you do on TS? Not 100% sure, but when I'm in TS and someone starts using chat, it's really annoying with the overlay and/or beeping sound.

The voice quality has nothing to do with opinion. The Codecs are higher res. And PMs are not exactly group chat.

• Content Count:  3052

The voice quality has nothing to do with your opinion. The Codecs are higher res. And PMs are not exactly group chat.

Honestly.. who cares about codecs -_- this is a gaming community. Most people who use ventrillo have headsets anyways, so they are not gonna be all that picky as to how clear the voice chat is..... Hell, I used TS (for soccer league) and I don't notice the difference at all.

I'm not saying I am 100% against the change.. but it just seems silly and not worth it

Honestly.. who cares about codecs -_- this is a gaming community. Most people who use ventrillo have headsets anyways, so they are not gonna be all that picky as to how clear the voice chat is..... Hell, I used TS (for soccer league) and I don't notice the difference at all.

I'm not saying I am 100% against the change.. but it just seems silly and not worth it

Its true that because the mic quality is almost always the bottleneck, the quality isnt that noticable but the difference is very noticeable if you are streaming music. ( although that doesnt come up that much) Still I think its ease of management, ease of use, and other features are more than enough reason to try it.

Reply to Thread