? servers

? players online

What say you?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Hell yeah! Why hasn't anyone brought this up in years?
    • No, I bought my sexy colored name and so should you!
    • Fuck it, change everything back to ZombieMurder!
    • :trollsm:

Brilliant Idea

• Content Count:  522

Something like helping out the servers would be honorable in my opinion.

Things like:

-Helping test out maps

-Helping test out servers

-Add/remove maps

-Player complaints

-Suggestions to help the community

Things like post count, time here in SG, and even hours played on the server don't really define someone who is honorable to the community. It just means that they post a shit ton of unneeded posts (usually), they joined a long time ago (which has nothing to do with helping the community) and that they play a lot on our servers (a small requirement would be okay, but not some ridiculous amount of time because it really should be quality hours, not quantity). And money....really shouldn't play a factor in who's honorable because there are lots of other ways to help, but because they didn't donate a few dollars they aren't allowed to have the opportunity to have the title is a little backwards in my mind.

And something like CE+ should nominate players who they think were honorable each month to see who can get the title.

• Content Count:  8754

I'll throw my opinion in here and say that I agree with what Tyler said.

Having standards or helping towards the community would be the only way I would see HG even remotely working again. Having a poll and letting the community choose would just make it a popularity contest and wouldn't exactly be "honorable".

I wouldn't personally see this being handed out to many people, and for good reason. It should be warranted for doing good things to improving the welfare and status of SteamGamers, of which not a lot of people can truly be noted for.

• Content Count:  517

I'll throw my opinion in here and say that I agree with what Tyler said.

I wouldn't personally see this being handed out to many people, and for good reason. It should be warranted for doing good things to improving the welfare and status of SteamGamers, of which not a lot of people can truly be noted for.

Gotta agree with Tyler there.

I also don't think that it should require activity, I can think of a few people who deserve HG for what they've done in the past even if they don't come online much (or at all) anymore.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3728

We've had this discussion before as already stated earlier in one of the posts and the idea of bringing back HG was rejected in the past, and will be rejected again. The rank itself is pointless, and there really is no need to boost people's e-peen by giving them such rank.

• Content Count:  4473

We've had this discussion before as already stated earlier in one of the posts and the idea of bringing back HG was rejected in the past, and will be rejected again.

So what will it take to get it back and not the dreaded "We have discussed this before" response?

The rank itself is pointless, and there really is no need to boost people's e-peen by giving them such rank.

Let's not get into pointless ranks and boosting e-peens with ranks.

• Content Count:  3728

So what will it take to get it back and not the dreaded "We have discussed this before" response?

Let's not get into pointless ranks and boosting e-peens with ranks.

If it helps, I talked to Spartan before rejecting this. That what I summed up is pretty much spartan's response to me and I felt the same way. I'm just not gonna give you guys false hope, while the person that actually would have to make it happen doesn't support the idea at all.

Unless there were any good arguments as to why we should have HG back, which I haven't seen anywhere yet other than giving long time members the rank because they have been here for so long.

No one bothered bringing back HG before you returned, so I don't see a reason why we suddenly should.

Edited by Paralyzed

• Content Count:  4473

No one bothered bringing back HG before you returned, so I don't see a reason why we suddenly should.

Was trying to see how much support people had for the idea. I guess it was not enough with the right people.

Worth a shot.

Reply to Thread