? servers

? players online

BC2 Server Suggestions

• Content Count:  1765

First off the rotation is 3 maps atm (Isla, Valparasio, and Arica Harbor). Don't know if this is intentionally, but it sucks.

Add in a couple of more maps like:

- Atacama Desert

- Port Valdez

- Cold War

- Harvest Day

- Any others (meh)

Secondly, rush is awesome and all but conquest is equally fun. I suggest making the server a mixed mode with maps like:

- Atacama Desert

- Laguna Alta

- Pananma Canal

- Port Valdez

- Any others (meh)

Maps I wouldnt add are for either mode: Heavy Metal, Oasis, and White pass

Thirdly, either some form of admin has to be implmented, or a definitive set of rules needs to be in place. The server suffers from massive cock-mongling of double explosive gustavs. Most of the time 60-70% of the server is engineers, that dont even attack vehicles. Its a form of griefing and it may seem like QQ on my part, but really the problem with most fps is massive explosive whoring.

Regarding admin (someone said admin would give too much access), in which case, restrict it to trusted, regular admins. If they fuck around, them well...fuck em.

TY, visit my youtube channel.

Oh, before I forget, reserved slots (ty duhoh)

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130 (list of admin tools)

Edited by Zealot

• Content Count:  2085

Rotation: I analyzed the graphs of maps vs player count. When it goes to any of those other maps, the player population almost instantly dropped off. If the server gets initial seeded (about 10 players playing -> it spikes up quickly to 32 full server) at ~9 to ~11 AM EST, it remains full until at least 1 AM. With the other rotation, it would almost instantly die when it went to any other maps. Sadly, FPS players are braindead and like playing the same maps.

CQ: same thing happens.

Admin: Gustaving is a legit strategy. Will just cause rage bans etc. Also gives rcon access which is bad. (I explained this before)

Reserved slots: A bit broken in BC2, as it kicks a ton of people for a single reserved slot, unlike Source's hidden slot option. I could add it, but it really isn't beneficial in my opinion to kick half the server for a single person.

Rotation: I analyzed the graphs of maps vs player count. When it goes to any of those other maps, the player population almost instantly dropped off. If the server gets initial seeded (about 10 players playing -> it spikes up quickly to 32 full server) at ~9 to ~11 AM EST, it remains full until at least 1 AM. With the other rotation, it would almost instantly die when it went to any other maps. Sadly, FPS players are braindead and like playing the same maps.

Really? Have you seen 24/7 atacama desert servers that are 32/32 for like 18 hours a day? I have, since I like to play on them. Variety is the spice of life and if you haven't noticed, in the past 2 days the server has been virtually empty.

CQ: same thing happens.

Mixed mode servers are generally the most populated as well.

Admin: Gustaving is a legit strategy. Will just cause rage bans etc. Also gives rcon access which is bad. (I explained this before)

Thats a joke right? Why do you think people hate games like MW2 when people spam explosives? It's annoying and it takes no skill. Gustavs are meant for vehicles, which is why they got nerfed in radius the last patch. Its extremely annoying to have 10/16 engineers who sit and shoot gustavs at the other engineers instead of doing the objective.

Also, if you even looked at the link, there are many different admin applications. I'm sure AT LEAST ONE will have some disabled access rights. I'm pretty sure wolfcon/Guardian can have regulated access.

Reserved slots: A bit broken in BC2, as it kicks a ton of people for a single reserved slot, unlike Source's hidden slot option. I could add it, but it really isn't beneficial in my opinion to kick half the server for a single person.

I've never seen that happen tbh, but w/e that's not the main focus.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

Zealot come on...since I started playing our BC2 server, i only see Gust from 1-3 people.

I use it for tracer+, Walls, tanks, people and you.

I see a lot of people use engi and still plant.

So ya, we are not gonna stop gusty.

The plan is simple Zealot, keep the server active and full for a few weeks to a month.

After a month we might add a few maps to rush.

If we can keep this server strong we might get a EU.

As harry said, slots and admin are not needed.

If you feel this server needs admin, talk it over with Amit.

But harry, just take a look here

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130 (list of admin tools)

*TY ZL for the link

Edited by Metal

I'm not overexaggerating lol. I was sniping 2 days ago and 6 gustavs hit my hill at once.

You just said we don't need admin and then you re-link the site with all the admin tools? And even if you say admin isn't needed, why the fuck do we have it on CSS then? Its cause theres always going to be hackers/griefers/a use for it. The last time I played 2 people were arguing about wallhacks, I would have loved to mute them since they had been at it for like an hour.

• Like 1

Server is only empty if no one seeds it. If it gets seeded in the morning it remains full. It just does die off on any other maps for some reason.

I was sniping

Maybe that's why you were getting gustaved, because they didn't want to switch to recon just to take you out?

CSS is different - you can spectate people, take demos, etc. You can't do any of that in BC2.

I'm trying to make this all work out and remain active; it doesn't need more rules or more admins, it just needs seeders for the morning.

• Content Count:  716

sounds like you guys just wanna keep the double-explosive gustav spam since both of you do yourselves. it is very, very gay. if it's 1-3 people like FM says, it's manageable. however, when it's the majority of the server doing it like it has been, it becomes a bad server to play on.

and yes, there are admin tools out there that restrict levels of access. admin may not be totally needed, but when there are hackers/griefers (and the QQers that spam chat allllllllllllllll day), it would definitely be nice. PB is decent, but it ain't gonna get everyone. admins are the single most valuable anti-cheating method.

reserved slots needs to happen though, especially for the supporters at the very minimum. yeah it might be buggy, but plenty of servers i play on regularly has that feature. if this is going to be a SG server, then set up what SG says they offer.

unlike 99% of faggots that snipe in this game, zealot does not camp as a recon. up close and personal is his playing style.

Edited by duhoh

Server is only empty if no one seeds it. If it gets seeded in the morning it remains full. It just does die off on any other maps for some reason.

Its highly unlikely. I don't know where you got your research from but gametracker doesn't lie. Look at the top 50 servers and their constant population. Granted most of them are on the new maps and there are a couple of HC, but theres also a WIDE variety.

Maybe that's why you were getting gustaved, because they didn't want to switch to recon just to take you out?

Example, I don't have to be sniping and it will still happen. I said sniping because who the fuck expects to get a kill with a rocket across the map and over a hill? That's the problem.

CSS is different - you can spectate people, take demos, etc. You can't do any of that in BC2.

Then why not have admin? LOL excellent contradiction. If we don't have the tools doesn't it make more sense to have admin? I'm sorry this one deserves a facepalm.

I'm trying to make this all work out and remain active; it doesn't need more rules or more admins, it just needs seeders for the morning.

I don't know why your doing this, unless you donated the server (but look what happened to that one). Not saying your doing a bad job, but a regular admin shouldn't decide if there should be admin on the server or not.

Oh god I just took a huge shit, asshole hurts

sounds like you guys just wanna keep the double-explosive gustav spam since both of you do yourselves. it is very, very gay.

Sure I do a bit, but it is legit. The blast radius isn't even that big to avoid. Ban gustavs and people will just switch over to 40mmglauncher.

and yes, there are admin tools out there that restrict levels of access. admin may not be totally needed, but when there are hackers/griefers (and the QQers that spam chat allllllllllllllll day), it would definitely be nice. PB is decent, but it ain't gonna get everyone. admins are the single most valuable anti-cheating method.

I'll try to look into it more... I will just be really sad if people get banned when it's not obvious they are cheating. Hackusations should not result in a ban... I'll probably make a post in SA later today with ideas.

reserved slots needs to happen though, especially for the supporters at the very minimum. yeah it might be buggy, but plenty of servers i play on regularly has that feature. if this is going to be a SG server, then set up what SG says they offer.

Yeah, I'll set that up then... don't say I didn't warn you guys though when it kicks tons of people for one Sup.

unlike 99% of faggots that snipe in this game, zealot does not camp as a recon. up close and personal is his playing style.

Call it Recon then :]

Then why not have admin?

People are good at this game and I don't want them banned for that.

• Content Count:  716

I'll try to look into it more... I will just be really sad if people get banned when it's not obvious they are cheating. Hackusations should not result in a ban... I'll probably make a post in SA later today with ideas.

People are good at this game and I don't want them banned for that.

who's gonna rage ban? if they aren't trusted with the other servers, then obviously they shouldn't be SA. the whole point of SA is to keep the servers clean so it improves the experience of the other players. would you rather have a hacker come in that can bypass PB restrictions and no one at all be able to do anything about it?

set up admin protocols for checks and balances, like it always has been. the BDs are able to shut off anyone's admin at their discretion. let the community decide for a community server, not just one person who didn't do enough research.

i don't even care to be admin on this server, but having them is a must on a game that offers dedicated servers.

Reply to Thread