? servers

? players online

Reworking our recognition ranks

• Content Count:  3740

Also, I am completely baffled by the Veterans rank losing admin powers altogether. In my case at least, this literally makes no sense and it infuriates me based on my own experiences here. I have spent countless hours devoted to this community at a huge opportunity cost to my own personal life endeavors: for example, I attended countless Teamspeak meetings at the CA, AO, and BD levels at the expense of spending less time with my own wife. I literally sacrificed a huge chunk of my social life for the betterment of this gaming community. I was even trusted enough to earn the rank of Board of Directors not once, but twice.

This is not about me trying to make myself look good, it's about the Veterans rank not having admin powers. I don't play CSGO anymore, but if I did and played on the SG server regularly, I would absolutely lose my shit to reading this announcement and would be absolutely relentless in demanding change immediately.

• Like 27

• Content Count:  1420

Also, I am completely baffled by the Veterans rank losing admin powers altogether. In my case at least, this literally makes no sense and it infuriates me based on my own experiences here. I have spent countless hours devoted to this community at a huge opportunity cost to my own personal life endeavors: for example, I attended countless Teamspeak meetings at the CA, AO, and BD levels at the expense of spending less time with my own wife. I literally sacrificed a huge chunk of my social life for the betterment of this gaming community. I was even trusted enough to earn the rank of Board of Directors not once, but twice.

This is not about me trying to make myself look good, it's about the Veterans rank not having admin powers. I don't play CSGO anymore, but if I did and played on the SG server regularly, I would absolutely lose my shit to reading this announcement and would be absolutely relentless in demanding change immediately.

That's exactly why you're in the meme. #Wawa4LG

• Content Count:  760

While I have been part of the community for 10 years (9 by forum .. ZE player, we don't do forums!), I see alot of people in the new Veterans rank that were the bedrock of the community, pushed us forward, gave their countless hours and managed things during some difficult times to let us all reap the rewards of today. These guys are hero's as much as the Legends are. I think it's a great move to introduce the middle tier rank as the gap was way too large between HG-LG.

There seems to be no difference between the VN/HG, to maintain the Legends rank with Senior Admin abilities, Veterans could have the reduced Admin rank powers we give out to new admins (some only a few months or a year in the community).

Let's not take the pension & respect from our Veterans with the removal of SA powers, we need them as much as we need new members. This is my feedback as a community member as long as them, a part of the countless hours & workload during different years made to SG, and I hope my point is taken on-board to be considered.

• Content Count:  3740

There seems to be no difference between the VN/HG, to maintain the Legends rank with Senior Admin abilities, Veterans could have the reduced Admin rank powers we give out to new admins (some only a few months or a year in the community).

No, Veterans deserve full Admin rank powers, period. Everyone I see in the current Veterans rank were once LG (and almost all being AO+), so therefore, I see no reason to remove that perk unless an individual basis warrants it. Not only that, but they're all also highly trusted in an ONLINE GAMING COMMUNITY. Past AOs, and especially BDs, were given access to confidential resources over the Internet, never in-person. Those who were once trusted and upheld integrity in the long-term of their time serving should be rewarded with long-term trust as well.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread