? servers

? players online

Unfair Banning

• Content Count:  4441

On a side note concerning this, say i join pb, and someone tells me to slay or ban someone (when i didnt see it and have no proof of said player freekilling or what have ya), how should this be viewed? Should i slay and/or ban said player just off of what others have said, or have them post a demo and a complaint to the forums? Becomes a massive hassle when people always yell freekill or freeshoot (but i dont see it because 1 admin can only watch so many people when its over 20+people) and yell at me to slay when i cant confirm they did in fact freekill/shoot.

Sorry for crap typing. Speed typed at work on a short break

I'm actually a bit dumbfounded that you're really asking this question.

Of course not, do not go off of players hearsay to ban somebody. That's ridiculous.

Pretty sure it specifically states in the admin rules you should only be punishing for what you see.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1619

On a side note concerning this, say i join pb, and someone tells me to slay or ban someone (when i didnt see it and have no proof of said player freekilling or what have ya), how should this be viewed? Should i slay and/or ban said player just off of what others have said, or have them post a demo and a complaint to the forums? Becomes a massive hassle when people always yell freekill or freeshoot (but i dont see it because 1 admin can only watch so many people when its over 20+people) and yell at me to slay when i cant confirm they did in fact freekill/shoot.

Sorry for crap typing. Speed typed at work on a short break

Never go based on what someone says. If you see it, take care of it. If you don't see it, leave it alone.

• Content Count:  3728

Of course not, do not go off of players hearsay to ban somebody. That's ridiculous.

This, and it's pretty much common sense not to punish players for something you haven't seen yourself.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1667

Pretty sure it specifically states in the admin rules you should only be punishing for what you see.

Well first All ts worded it out amazing you shouldn't listen to regs or even mems telling you to slay him or ban him right on that spot.

This reminded me when @arottenpickle first got admin (man those old days) I straight up told him to ban this kid for mass rdming. He told me to shut it cause he can't do that he needed to follow protocol and such.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2206

Well, in that case, ill tell people to stfu or I'll mute them if they keep yelling at me

I would suggest that you politely inform them that without you seeing the actual breaking of the rules there is nothing you are allowed to do. If they keep persisting tell them to record a demo and in the mean time you will keep a close eye on the rule breaker in question. Your admin powers are to keep a smooth flow of game play in the server not bring less of a headache to you personally.

EDIT: Reread this, comes off douchey, did not intend for it to sound that way. My apologies :)

• Content Count:  1406

I would suggest that you politely inform them that without you seeing the actual breaking of the rules there is nothing you are allowed to do. If they keep persisting tell them to record a demo and in the mean time you will keep a close eye on the rule breaker in question. Your admin powers are to keep a smooth flow of game play in the server not bring less of a headache to you personally.

EDIT: Reread this, comes off douchey, did not intend for it to sound that way. My apologies :)

Its all good. I have tried that many times and they still cry :(

• Content Count:  4441

Well, in that case, ill tell people to stfu or I'll mute them if they keep yelling at me

You've been admin here for a long time, what were you doing before you just decided to ask?..

• Content Count:  2206

You've been admin here for a long time, what were you doing before you just decided to ask?..

I remember him from back in the day I didn't know it was Longwave. He was always a good admin and Im sure he still is to this day. I have faith that he knows how to act in situations like these. I don't see him bringing the slay hammer down on anyone that was simply accused of freekilling.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1406

I remember him from back in the day I didn't know it was Longwave. He was always a good admin and Im sure he still is to this day. I have faith that he knows how to act in situations like these. I don't see him bringing the slay hammer down on anyone that was simply accused of freekilling.

This. I try to give people chances. Im a nice furson. I warn them first (even people that slip and say the n word). If they continue, i quickly become un nice. I know what im doing, how ever, rules have changed over the years and a lot of stuff is different then how it used to be back in the zm days. The fact i can only play on sundays right now ( due to working 5 11 hour days and working on my cars as well) makes relearning all the new stuff a bit more challenging. Well, my break is over, back to work for me....

• Like 1

Reply to Thread