? servers

? players online

Wanna fix JB? Here's how!

• Content Count:  1920

Bro, it's not what people enjoy. It's what the trolls enjoy. No mutes, easy guns, no admins, can't die. It's a perfect way to make trolls. They can scream because there are no mic restrictions, they can run because they need to be warning shot after rebelling? These things don't make the server do well, they just host trolls. The server just became free, that's why the population on it boomed, because trolls can join easily. I'm sorry to say this in a harsh way, but the server is currently a mess. These basic things you talk about don't make the server do well... SG hosts the rookie players that will eventually move on when they discover new servers...

It is what people enjoy. This community clearly enjoys it enough to give the server a steady and good player count on a day-to-day basis. You can call us "trolls" if you'd like but changing this server to be like another would create a sense of boredom for many people, that's what's great about having many different communities within the CS public servers: If you like it, cool! Stay a while. If not, then you have all the freedom to go check out another server to see if that rule set pleases your tastes better. There ARE mic restrictions and mutes. Admins have all the power to go ahead and mute people and many times the people of the server knowing the rules will most of the time tell micspammers to shut the f--- up. Easy guns is perfect for the playstyle of the server- fast and exciting. They can die very easily if there are good CTs on. You can believe what you want but all I'm saying is you're the one who bought VIP and is monetarily supporting the server you criticize so heavily.

Also, the pops were high before CS became free to play, just fyi.

• Content Count:  1381

Ive been playing sg for some 3 years now im not a 'new player' lmfao

and: you're*

SG was founded by Haggard in Febuary of 2007, which is far longer than you and me have been around. Not to be cocky or anything, you know. Also JB might not have been around in 2007, but it's been here longer than you think, just like H4wKEye said.

• Like 1
Edited by nesquik

• Content Count:  1920

SG was founded by Haggard in Febuary of 2007, which is far longer than you and me have been around. Please learn math and realize that December 2018 is only 2 years after you joined. Not to be cocky or anything, you know. Also JB might not have been around in 2007, but it's been here longer than you think, just like H4wKEye said.
@leo

I have personally been here on the servers since 2014, and JB was around before that I'm pretty sure.

• Content Count:  3740

I feel that the unique rebel-encouraging gameplay on our JB is the 'spirit' of the server that we've honored for many, many years now. That gameplay is primarily driven by the rules we have in place for both guards and prisoners. Any changes to those rules over the years have generally been subtle, enhancements, or new additions based on the introduction of new plugins (LRs), but the common denominator with those changes were that they embraced the spirit of the server.

Allowing CTs to force deathgames, making them non-optional to prisoners when they were always optional beforehand, is a good example of a change made in the past that had a major impact on that spirit because it moved the gameplay away from being rebel-encouraging. In the end, it didn't work out because our JB felt like a completely different server, so the change was ultimately reverted.

Now, looking at your OP @leo, you bring up a couple suggestions that imo would change the spirit of our JB server: removing warning shots and force deathgames (increased round time suggestion tags to this). The warn-kick-ban suggestion is already covered by our admin protocol and the chat-filter suggestion would not prevent players from trying to skirt around our racism rule (which players already try to do regularly).

As for repeat maps, the maps played on our server are the vessel of its spirit. In other words, certain maps are nominated/voted, or even on the server in the first place over others because they are better suited for the gameplay dictated by our rules. So maps that are generally huge and host a plethora of deathgames will not be as popular as maps that are simple, convenient, and straight-forward with less focus on deathgame activities.

That leaves us with warden, a CT queue system, and comm restrictions. These 3 suggestions/topics have the potential to impact the spirit of our server, but could also bring enhancements to facilitate the demand and challenges of 50 player slots on a server that historically only had around 24 player slots. Our attention will be on these topics and more moving forward as we focus on changes that bring enhancements.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread