? servers

? players online

Block +left +right

• Content Count:  1382

Fair enough, sounds like it makes sense. I guess my only criticism that's nagging me is that it doesn't seem "vanilla", but if it's really that useful and other people agree then meh. My idea just seemed like an easy way to tackle people abusing turn binds to look like they're hacking + using AFK scripts, but yeah.

yea, it's fine, you just don't really see it as much on JB and TTT than you do on MG Surf and Bhop, as well as upping your m_yaw. Like said by me and Gentoo in previous posts we could probably find a way to edit the autoafkspectator-whatever it is plugin to not count +left and +right movements as you actually being at your keyboard, and it would just ignore people holding down turnbinds.

• Content Count:  615

I, and a couple other people I know, use turn binds because, for the most part, my sensitivity is really just too slow to make the sharper turns required on some MG/bhop/surf maps when you're going at high speeds.

• Content Count:  2342

I, and a couple other people I know, use turn binds because, for the most part, my sensitivity is really just too slow to make the sharper turns required on some MG/bhop/surf maps when you're going at high speeds.

Fair enough, and we've established that earlier in the thread as well. Is there any argument against blocking it on TTT/JB/scrim where it isn't required?

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  1382

Fair enough, and we've established that earlier in the thread as well. Is there any argument against blocking it on TTT/JB/scrim where it isn't required?

I use turn binds for self boosts (cache whitebox to boost, inferno quad roof but I don't use turnbinds here) on scrim, but I could probably manage without turnbinds. If you afk on scrim anyways thats pretty damn cheap and we could definitely kick them for it since a lot of scrims playerbase is admins since its based on our forums. If the majority of people say that we should disable it on scrim then let it be. TTT JB and ZE, the most popular of our servers could benefit from disabling them though. Another one of our test trials I guess.

• Content Count:  361

I can see this being more useful on some of the more popular servers like JB and TTT where point farming is an issue. Also, anti-afking takes up a slot that could be used by someone who actually wants to play. People shouldn't be leaving their PCs on for multiple hours a day when they go afk. However on servers like surf and MG it doesn't really make sense because it could actually be useful.

• Content Count:  697

anti-afk binds

First off this is false the afk manager counts your mouse movements not in game +left/+right unless you move your mouse them on you will be moved to afk manager.

and it is used a lot it is tiring to constantly strafe for 3 minutes+ straight with pinpoint mouse movements it is a lot nice to sometimes just use turn binds to easily gain speed before doing something.

This is in the game that anyone can do as where scripting/strafe hacking is a 3rd party software.

There is no real reason to remove turn binds as they don't do anything harmful and is apart of the game that is helpful.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2342

First off this is false the afk manager counts your mouse movements not in game +left/+right unless you move your mouse them on you will be moved to afk manager.

and it is used a lot it is tiring to constantly strafe for 3 minutes+ straight with pinpoint mouse movements it is a lot nice to sometimes just use turn binds to easily gain speed before doing something.

This is in the game that anyone can do as where scripting/strafe hacking is a 3rd party software.

There is no real reason to remove turn binds as they don't do anything harmful and is apart of the game that is helpful.

Again, we've established that it is useful in terms of building up speed on bhop/mg/surf, but what about servers like TTT/JB/scrim? At this point, the main goal of blocking it is to prevent binds from being used to trick admins.

• Content Count:  503

Again, we've established that it is useful in terms of building up speed on bhop/mg/surf, but what about servers like TTT/JB/scrim? At this point, the main goal of blocking it is to prevent binds from being used to trick admins.

How would you even be able to trick an admin with a +left/+right bind? They don't alter your movement/strafes enough to have any real resemblance to some kind of third party software.

• Content Count:  2681

+left and +right do not trick admins. The only bind that has been considered "Misleading Admins m_yaw, +left and +right can be used to turn and W strafe longer. I have never seen an admin think someone is hacking with these two binds.

People use these binds very often, I don't see a reason to block this.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread